Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
TOP 5 CELEBRITY FACES THAT DECORATED MY WALLS AS A CHILD:
5. Scott Baio: I wanted Charles in Charge of me...
4.Michael J. Fox: As the lovable Alex P. Keaton he stole my heart. I still think of him standing alone in the train station as Billy Vera's "at this moment" plays in the background...sad.
3. Johnny Depp: Long before he was the Hollywood blockbuster movie star that he is today, he was the rebellious undercover cop with good hair and perfect smile.
2. Donnie Wahlberg:D As the "bad boy" of the New Kids group, Donnie was my pick. "I'll be loving you forever...."
1. Kirk Cameron: C'mon...was there any contest? This guy dominated the 80's teen magazines, and dominated the space the on my wall. Just look at him...
Thursday, February 21, 2008
After a long day of riding rides, eating good food, and walking what seemed like miles us girls were tired and worn out. We sat along a wall near the New Orleans Square, killing time before the fireworks show started, and just got ready to people watch. I was looking at the hords of people walking past us and spotted a group of teenage girls with matching sweatshirts with their names on the back. The girls started to walk away and I yelled "becca!" and then looked forward nonchalantly sipping my hot cocoa. The girl spun around, confused, wondering who had said her name, and spotted michelle and emily staring at her wide-eyed...like a deer in headlights. The girl turned around and just continued walking away. I started laughing hysterically.
Emily: "did you know her?"
me: "no, i just saw her name on her sweatshirt".....
and thus the shouting name game was born!
Luckily Disneyland offers any souvenir buyer the chance to put their name in those crazy characters hats, and thus makes it easy for us to find a unknowing participant. I love the look of confusion on a persons face when they look around frantically trying to figure out who and why someone called their name. When no personalized hats or sweatshirts could be found we would just wait for a big group of people to walk by and call out common names like Mike, Amy, Matt, or Aaron/Erin and see if somebody turned around.
sometimes, if you say the name with enough conviction people will actually turn around with a look on their face like "I didn't know my name was mike, but maybe it is..."
hours of fun.
We also noticed some annoying fashion trends (boots with the fur, hollister tee's, abercrombie tee's, college or state pride sweatshirts) and started calling them out whenever we saw them...even mid-sentence. such as...
"okay after this ride we will head over to (BOOTS) thunder mountain".
that can get crazy.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Emily and Michelle had deprived childhoods and had never been to Disneyland....yeah i couldn't believe it either....so I had to take them to "the happiest place on earth".
I wonder how much rent would be on a place like this?
me and michelle riding the "tram" to disneyland our first day...yeah we were pretty giddy.
yeah the dumbo ride! I don't think Michelle was listening to the "don't stand up" rules...
who knew flying an elephant could be so taxing....
I done seen about everything...when i see an elephant fly..
waiting in line to see Mickey...NOT AWESOME!
getting a picture with Mickey himself...AWESOME!
"i'm wishing...for the one i love...to find me..."
just rollin with my homies pooh and tigger...no biggie...it's what i do.
me as a "roadie" for my favorite band "the electric mayhem". They rock!
the girls as we rock our kanye west inspired glasses
taking a leisurely stroll down the river on the Mark Twain boat
takin' a leisurely drive down toon town with michelle...
just chillin in New Orleans Square with my non-alcoholic Mint Julep...all i needed was a plantation and a frilly southern belle dress.
just some famous guy we saw...paul greene...he was hot!!
No this fireworks show is totally worth the wait in the freezing cold....AND IT WAS!
yeah we totally hit this up when we arrived in cali!
The trip was so fun. two very long but fun-filled days at disneyland! the weather was fabulous...until the sun went down (then I about froze to death), but it was totally worth it. The characters, the parades, the rides, the food, the good times and forever memories I made with my friends. what a great weekend!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
5. Straight up Hip-Hop:
A whole show dedicated to hip-hop dancing, and dancing done well....could it be any better? Thanks MTV!
4. Kabba Modern:
Gotta love the asians...and they can dance. My second favorite group on this show. Those girls seriously represent.
3. JC Chasez.
I always considered him one of the top two most talented members of N'sync (justin being the other one of course) I felt bad that JC wasn't getting much done on his own, but now he is getting some play and I think his comments are always constructive and helpful. Welcome back to the limelight JC!
2. Shane Sparks.
He's hot, sexy, and talented and now, with this show, I get to see him every week. His comments are always insightful and his voice makes me smile.
1. The JabawockeeZ:
These guys dominate this competition for me right now. Shane Sparks calls them the "Boyz II Men" of hip-hop dance because they hit every note...and I couldn't agree more. Their style is seriously on-point.
Monday, February 11, 2008
DRIVES ME INSANE
Did anyone else watch the grammy's last night? This man's ego is just out of control. During his speech for winner of best rap album he not only told another rapper and nominee Common "that he shouldn't have dropped his album at the same time as Kanye", but he also talked about how much he deserves to win album of the year and then he asked that the cue music be stopped so he could say a few words about "his mama" --he thanked everyone for the support and prayers and then basically promised his mama to keep being as awesome and talented as he already is.....why did the music have to stop so he could praise himself once again.
And can we talk about how "awesome" a rapper kanye is...really? really? I'll admit his songs can be catchy (except that stupid flashing lights one...that's just annoying), but as a lover of hip-hop, to me, his lyrics are just plain wack!
for example here are some of his lyrics to his song "stronger"
lets get lost tonightreally kanye?
you could be my black kate moss tonight
play secretary I'm the boss tonight
that i would even show up to this fake s**t
so go ahead go nuts go ape s**t
specially on my best stand on my bape s**t
I don't know if you got a man or not,
if you made plans or not
god put me in the plans or not
didn't anyone ever teach you that "rhyming" doesn't count when it's THE EXACT SAME WORD!
When Usher was annoucing the winner of best album, he even made a point to tell Kanye that "there are no losers in this category" which apparently didn't help soften the "blow" when Kanye was beat by Herbie Hancock. Reports say that after the show Kanye was in no mood to share his thoughts and he skipped post-show interview rooms to instead pose for photos with his fiance and members of his entourage. His only response to questions about how he felt about the results was a quiet "I'm good".
WHAT A BABY!! Many amazing entertainers have gone years without winning anything, and you can't be happy with "best rap album" and the other grammy's you have won....selfish.
Friday, February 8, 2008
1. THE WRITER'S STRIKE IS OVER.....well almost!
A deal has been struck between the major media companies and the Writers Guild of America to end the writers' strike, former Walt Disney chief executive Michael Eisner revealed on CNBC.
Eisner, speaking live on CNBC's "Fast Money," seemed to hesitate initially about whether it was possible that the writers could still reject the agreement, but finally suggested the deal's acceptance was inevitable.
"A deal has been made, and they'll be back to work very soon," Eisner said, adding, "I know a deal's been made. I know it's over."
2. JOHNNY FAIRPLAY WAS VOTED OFF SURVIVOR!
I don't by that "I got voted off on my owns terms" crap. they saw a chance to get rid of him, and they did. nobody thinks he's a "responsible" guy...c'mon. I'm glad to see him go, and glad that ozzie and james survived the first week.
Monday, February 4, 2008
TOP 5 GOALS FOR THIS MONTH:
1. Watch all five movies nominated for a "Best Picture" Oscar. This is my goal every year, and last year was the first time I actually made it happen. I hope to continue that tradition this year....even if I have to travel and watch them all in one day....it will be done.
2. Get stuff done at home. I bought some items this weekend to help organize my house, and I need to put that into action before too long. I need to get boxes unloaded and stuff put in it's proper place....just to make my life a little happier.
3. Start working out. Not gonna break any records here, but I got some videos for christmas and I really want to start using them. My friend Michelle and I signed up for Bloomsday this year, and although the word "run" will never exit my mouth, we do plan on "wogging (walk/jog)" and I will need to keep up with her and her long legs.
4. Try to cook a meal. depending on how fast #2 gets done, I want to try and start my new year's goal of learning how to cook. My sister got me a slow cooker for christmas and I am anxious to use it.
5. Read a book. With the writer's strike still affecting my TV schedule, there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to get some reading done. I still have "in cold blood" that I borrowed from Emily like forever ago, and my sister is letting me borrow an Ann Rule book that she is almost finished with, so hopefully I can hit the ground running with those ones.