I have to admit I'm not doing to well lately. It feels like all of the sudden this pregnancy thing has gone from "it's not so bad" to "my whole body hurts". I am tired all of the time and my body has now decided to be in pain. My ankles and feet are constantly swelling, and I don't think having a job where I sit all day is helping. And now my hands have decided to join the party. From the moment I wake in the morning my hands are tingling and halfway through getting ready I can't feel my fingers at all--this numbness comes and goes all throughout the day...although lately it's been more constant. Throughout the day my wrists get tighter and tighter, and have a shooting pain in them, again not helped my the fact that I sit at a computer and type all day. I really need to work, up until the last possible day for obvious financial reasons, but my body is really fighting me on it. And this is just adding to an already stressful time.
One of the reasons why I put off buying a house for so long, was that the commitment scared me. I like the thought that if needed I could call my renter, pack up my stuff, and move on a moments notice. Then I thought it was time to grow up and plant some roots. And the ironies of all ironies...now I need to pack up and move and can't. There has been no action on my house, not a single call to my real estate agent and I'm starting to really stress about it. I feel stuck in a house and a life that I can't handle and I'm slightly freakin out....and by slightly I mean a lot.
People say that everything will work out, but judging by the way my life has gone lately I don't know if that's realistic. We Bates kids don't exactly have the best luck with life lately, and I fear that things aren't gonna work out with all of this either. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I'm also a realist....so who knows.
To make myself feel better, and to end this post on a positive note here is my
TOP 5 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY RIGHT NOW:
1. Dole Pina Colada juice! I am a sucka for a good juice, and Dole rarely disappoints, (try the Pineapple, banana as well) but this new juice has got me trippin'.. it's so delicious.
2. The men of "sisterhood of the traveling pants 2" movie: what was that casting call like..."are you hot?" "do you have a washboard stomach?"...then yes you can be in this movie.
Although I think they did a serious casting FAIL (jared) with the british dude...seriously was there no hot british guy you could have gotten...i'm pretty sure there are tons of them, but no you get the one the overly british teeth and floppy hair. bad idea.
good thing the hot asian and the hot black artist more than made up for it.
3. Bravo network: I love reality shows, and although I try to avoid watching every thing on tv, sometimes I catch a marathon of a show and am instantly hooked. This past weekend I got caught up on "million dollar listing"....wow! These guys are such douches (there is a reason joel mchale makes fun of them on the soup), but I can't stop watching them. Project Runway and Shear genius are also rockin my world.
4. Summertime drinks at fast food restaurants: jack in the box has a divine list of fruit smoothies
taco bell is rockin the mango/strawberry frutista
and a&W has a delicious root beer freeze...add these to the BK Coke ICEE that I so love and we have enough delicious cold drinks to keep me satisfied all summer long.
5. Boyz II Men. I love having things to look forward to and in about one week I get to see my favorite group of all time in concert (my 5th time seeing them). I'm so stoked! The drive over to seattle probably won't be super awesome, but eating some good food, being with kimmie and my friends (my bestest good friend tamu is even flying up), and hearing Boyz II men sing their hits along with the sweet melodies of Motown will make it all worth it. Plus this is my last little adventure, probably for awhile, so I am going to enjoy every minute.