Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Time in New England took me away....

life has been a little hectic with the combination of work stresses and trying to get ready for my trip next week. i've hardly had to time to think of a blog topic let alone write something witty. my mind is completely useless unless it has something to do with planning this trip. i get obsessed when i travel and love to plan things out. i've already started compiling my east coast/new england song mix full of hits by artists from each area we are going to....is that weird? oh well. plus i've got songs like "streets of philadelphia", "weekend in new england", "new york new york" and "boston" to help set the mood. i'm so excited. all day long all i think about is how beautiful autumn must be in new england and how, for the first time, in my life i will be able to see it. we are trying to hit as many states as we can (since my nephew carson is set on seeing all 50 states), and i am so stoked. the 10 days we are there will be busy and probably really tiring, but i will have pictures of covered bridges and autumn foliage (from vermont, new hampshire, and connecticut), light houses (from maine), mansions (rhode island), historic monuments and sites (from philadelphia and boston), and of course the lights and craziness (from new york city). we are also counting new jersey and delaware on our trip although we mostly just "drive" through those areas...and you best believe bon jovi and bruce springsteen will be blaring on the radio when we do.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I am really excited to be able to go with you guys! It's going to be a nice getaway! Can't wait to hear the mix. I knew you wouldn't let us down.

Krystin said...

yay! have so much fun!!!!

::lindsay said...

You guys are going to have so much fun. Carson is looking forward to it so much. We appreciate all the time you've put into planning it.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a blast in my home state!!!! I want to see pictures when you get back. BTW, ignore all the crazy drivers in Boston (they'll sure be ignoring you). :)

melanie said...

What a fabulous trip! I love Carson's goal and that he has such great aunties and gma that want to knock off so many states for him all at once.

Someday I will see the east coast in the fall! Even in photos it's breathtaking, I can hardly imagine it in real life.

I'll miss your witty blogging but know all the posts you have when you get back will be worth the wait!

Kacey Nielsen said...

I have such a deep love for vacations. I'm so excited for you guys! Have a great time