Monday, January 19, 2009

The music has magic, you know you can catch it...

What ever happened to TV show theme song....with lyrics! I miss those days. Not that I don't get super excited when I hear the heartbeat drum pounding of the House m.d. theme, or the scream in the opening of Cold Case, but I miss the times when I could sing to a theme song. I still know a lot of the words to my personal favorites and they still get me happy....do you still know the words to your favorite theme song?



here's a little quiz: (sorry for all you youngin's you may not recognize most of them)

1.I bet we been together for a million years,
And I bet we'll be together for a million more.
Oh, It's like I started breathing on the night we kissed

2.Believe it or not, I’m walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it’s just me

3.
Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got

Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn’t you like to get away?

4.Come and knock on our door. We’ve been waiting for you.
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his

5.
I’ve been searching my soul tonight
I know there’s so much more to life
Now I know I can shine a light
To find my way back home.

6.
I don’t need you to worry for me cause I’m alright
I don’t want you to tell me it’s time to come home
I don’t care what you say anymore, this is my life
Go ahead with your own life, and leave me alone

7.
New boy in the neighborhood
Lives downstairs and it is understood.
He's there just to take good care of me,
Like he's one of the family.

8.
I know my parents love me, stand behind me come what may.
I know now that I’m ready, because I finally heard them say
It’s a different world form where you come from.

9.
What ever happened to predictability?

The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV.


10.
In West Philadelphia, born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days.
Chillin’ out, maxin’, relaxin all cool,
And all shootin’ some b-ball outside of the school

11.
Goodbye gray skies, Hello Blue, 'cause nothing can hold me when I hold you.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong. Rockin' and rollin' all week long.

12.
If you're out on the road feeling lonely, and so cold,
All you have to do is call my name and I'll be there on the next train.
Where you lead, I will follow anywhere that you tell me to

13.
Well we’re movin on up, to the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up to the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie

14.
Desmond had a barrow in the market place
Molly is the singer in a band
Desmond says to Molly, "Girl I like your face."
And Molly says this as she takes him by the hand
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

15.
Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage,
Go together like a horse and carriage,
This I tell ya brother, you can't have one without the other

16.
You can count on me. No matter where you go.
I’m standing by your side. I’ll be right behind.
No one loves you more than I do, Put your hand in mine.

17.
Baby, if you’ve ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I’m living on the air in Cincinnati

18.
So no one told you life was going to be this way.
Your job’s a joke, you’re broke, you’re love life’s DOA.
It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear

19.
And if you threw a party invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend

20.
As long as we got each other
We got the world spinnin right in our hands.
Baby you and me, we gotta be
The luckiest dreamers who never quit dreamin

21.
When I wake up in the morning
And the 'larm lets out a warning
I don't think I'll ever make it on time
By the time I got my books I give myself a look
I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus slide by

22.
Life is a race and I know I can win it,
Cause I'm learnin' the rules of the game.
If I could stay on the ball take it minute, by minute
I just might make the hall of fame. What can I say?

23.
Just the good ol’ boys,
Never meanin’ no harm,
Beats all you’ve ever saw, been in trouble
With the law since the day they was born.

24.
Sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit, these men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune.

25.
Hangin’ out
Down the street
The same old thing
We did last week.
Not a thing to do
But talk to you
Whoa . . . yeah

5 comments:

Angie said...

1.family ties
2.greatest american hero
3.cheers
4.three's company
5.ally mcbeal
6.bosom buddies
7.charles in charge
8.a different world
9.full house
10.fresh prince of bel-air
11.happy days
12.gilmore girls
13.the jefferson's
14.life goes on
15.married...with children
16.my two dads
17.wkrp in cinncinatti
18.friends
19.golden girls
20.growing pains
21.saved by the bell
22.just the ten of us
23.dukes of hazzard
24.the a-team
25.that 70's show

Jill said...

Okay, I recognize all the songs, but I don't think I know all the shows-here goes:
1. Family Ties
2. Great American Hero
3. Cheers
4. Three's Company
8. A Different World
9. Full House
10. Fresh Prince of Bel Air
13. The Jeffersons
14. Life Goes On
15. Married with children
17. WKRP in Cincinatti
18. Friends
19. Golden Girls
20. Growing Pains
21. Saved By The Bell
23. Dukes of Hazzard
24. The A-Team
25. That 70's Show

I miss the theme songs as well. Why don't they do them anymore?

Mike and Aubrey Asay said...

Yeah I miss that too!!!
Man; I didn't do very good though! I only got 10 right..... I should have known Gilmore Girls & Growing Pains... but I didn't get those ones. I got #'s3,7,9,10,14,15,18,19,21,25 right... fun quiz though my friend!

Tiff said...

I adore Josh Groban, and way to go on the Cartman voice. I too miss theme songs with words. I think I got 75% of those right. Fun though.

MomSqrt said...

AnG...this is what i remember most about you from forever ago in Provo...you always had a tv theme song you could pull out of your head to fit with almost any conversation! I LOVED that! and I miss it...
I never watched Gilmore Girls, or Ally McBeal or bosom buddies...yah...i'm a loser...sorry...
fun quiz!!!