Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When Irish eyes are smilin...

I'm gonna give myself a little pat on the back for these shelves...I just think they turned out so cute. 

I decorated little clay pots to look like Leprechaun hats. At first they didn't turned out as cute as I wanted, and I got a little frustrated. But then I just decided to glitter them to death...and I think I saved them. Of course Q had to add her little bit in, and we did a leprechaun hand print. I love it. I got this cute mossy basket from joann's on the clearance rack, and just think it's sooooooooo cute. I added some fake flowers I got at the $ store, and thought it completed the look. I plan on using the basket for my Easter shelves as well. 

I printed out another subway art printable. I liked this one because it was an Irish proverb, and little more festive. I found some vintage St. Patricks day card pictures, and this gold frame at the $ store. I added the balls because i thought they looked Celtic-ish, and fit into the theme. I love this shelf. 

This letters were on sale at Joann's, and I was super stoked. I added some paper and embellishments and they are perfect. Although not hung perfectly, but I'm not "measure and hang": type of person, and usually just eyeball it. oh well. still cute. 

Now we are ready for March!!

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I think your holiday shelves is the best idea. REally a great idea. I love seeing what you come up with each season. This looks really great.

Kim said...

I just barely saw your posts!

I love your shelves! I will be copying you very soon.

Annie said...

Very cute!

Kristy said...

As the official leprechaun of the Earl clan I deem this shelf fantastic.

Colleen said...

I love this one too! So creative and darling!