Tuesday, July 29, 2008

But now it's time to go, Curtain's finally closin'

So on the MSN homepage last week they had a list of
10 ARTISTS WHO SHOULD STOP MAKING RECORDS

Their list included:
Madonna (agreed. see below)
Black Crowes (are they still making albums?)
The Who (again...agreed...see below)
Ray Davies (who?)
Joni Mitchell (didn't realize she made anything after that parking lot song)
Bryan Adams (I love him but will he ever top that Robin Hood theme song....probably not)
The Rolling Stones (I just can't believe they are still alive)
Elton John (I think he must have peaked with the Princess Diana "candle in the wind" remake)
Carly Simon (again...is she really still making records...and who is buying them?)

So of course I came up with my own list....here are a few more suggestions....

1. Any band that has been around since the 60's. For example The who, rolling stones, any former member of The Beatles, Steely Dan.... C'mon guys you will never had the success you once had. Why not leave the music biz on a high note?

2. I will repeat...Madonna. Just stop. seriously. It's getting old. You had your time. You made your mark. Now just fade away. Nothing will top "The immaculate Collection" and you should be okay with that. You could be scandalous and inventive when you were single and young, but you are married with children...seeing you half naked or singing about sex just isn't appealing to anyone.

3. Alanis Morrissette. C'mon "Jagged Little Pill" was an amazing album....and everything since has just been.....well....unrememberable. So why not just try something else. You were really good in "Dogma", maybe acting may be a way to go....use some of that knowledge you gained from "You can't do that on Television".

4. One word....Meatloaf. I don't know if any of you remember his amazing (...ly awful) rendition of "it's all coming back to me now" that he sang with Katharine McPhee on the American idol finale....but wow! It was horrible. This guy should stick to acting. He's got a couple hits out there that will never die, and i think that's more than enough. My eardrums can't take anymore...

5. Bands that need a "frontman". Queen and Van Halen for example. Is Queen really anything without Freddy Mercury? Why even bother. And Van Halen....how many frontmen have the Van Halen brother hired and fired? Just give up. Maybe your time has come and gone, and it's time to find something else....private music lessons perhaps?

I'm sure there are plenty of other artists out there that people would like to see "JUST GO AWAY".....so start the comments now...

7 comments:

dirty>south said...

1. pussycat dolls: they are much better as just strippers.

2. roxette: though I think there's no danger here.

3. 2-Pac: are you dead or not? stop teasing us with new albums every year.

4. most actors/actresses: keep your day job.

Nina said...

I agree with averything about Bryan Adams...I use to sing the "Winnie the Pooh" song as I called as a child. When I had my daughter I bought the best of CD just to so she could hear it.

And hopefully Madonna sees your blog because she needed to stop along time ago...and I mean the acting too! Retire, spend your money and keep some diginity!

Just my little ol'opinion on the matter :O)

Nina said...

whoops...should have been "everything"

Alissa Maxwell said...

Did you hear that Journey wanted to go on tour again, but - no front man. So, they found a guy on YouTube that does spot on Karaoke, and now he's their front man. Oh, and he's from the Phillapines. Hilarious!

Glad you got a sling from Too Cute Baby Slings. She does a great job. If you want visual instructions, check out the "New Native" website - same design as your sling.

Mitch N' Golden said...

i'll go with...
Britney Spears, that last performance at the VMA’s was AWKWARD.
Tom Petty, Now days his career is “Free Falling”
Shaq, I heard he has some new stuff out and JT made fun of him at the ESPY’s about it.
Bruce Springsteen, The Boss is doing concerts and I think people are like, “dude just play the old stuff.”
Green Day, Everything post 1990’s = terrible
ICE CUBE, after “Are We There Yet?” you can’t sing about a good day.
Yeah the Stones played at this or the last super bowl was just like ahhhhhhh.

Yeah, Pac has more albums since his dealth, let him go. Although last year I had a student do a speech about how he is still alive.

Piper said...

heeeeeeyyyyyyy!!! I like Madonna!!!!!!! Who says you have to be young and single to sing, and sing about sex!!??
Older girls need love too!

Kim said...

I knew Piper would not be happy with the Madonna pick!!

I will have to say the Phillipino guy TOTALLY sounds like Steve Perry...it's pretty sweet. It reminds me of my old drill days. Anyway, your point still remains true. It just doesn't work (for the most part!)