I spent this past weekend in Utah at an Earl Cousins Girls weekend, and it was amazing. Although I'm sure that every girl is going to recount the events on her blog, I want to be able to look back on my own personal blog journal and remember what a good time I had (so sorry for the repeat info)....
MY TOP 5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE EARL'S:
5. We LOVE to Talk and can carry on multiple conversations at once. We Earls like to talk, and we all talk LOUD, so it's quite funny to just sit in a room with 14 Earl Girls and try to follow all the conversations that are happening. Plus we all think (or know) that we are entertaining and funny, so it's a battle to see you can capture the attention of the most people. I think Ashley was our winner this weekend!
4. We LOVE Food. One of the most important jobs I had in planning this weekend was making sure we had plans for good food, and I think that mission was accomplished. We were never short of something to put in our mouths, and it was all DELICIOUS. When we went out Kim and I shared, and yet I never felt hungry. At mimi's cafe we had the french onion soup and the crab quiche...delicious. At Cheesecake Factory we got the crab wonton appetizer with the chicken costelleta for dinner...oh man, i'm dreamin about it right now. Then we had tons of snacks at the house including hummus/pita and little smokies from Britney, queso dip with chips and chicken wings from Kacey, and multiple pieces of cheesecake that got passed around. Ever since I had the Kneader's bread pudding that Justin and Angleique brought to the Superbowl party I have cravin it like nothing else, so I had to make a trip to Kneader's and pick up some for everyone to try...I don't know how I have lived this long without it.
3. We LOVE to snuggle. Sure there were chairs or plenty of room on the floor to lounge, but almost everyone just sat on the couch and got comfy while we chatted. Add in some blankets, and things got real snuggly real fast.
2. We LOVE to take pictures. Of course we had to have a little photo shoot, and like most things we do, we had to "take it up a notch" and do multiple poses. My favorite part of the photo shoot, was Alysha (after the "model shot" thinking she didn't get it right....now look at her pose! Oh alysha!)
(the "normal" shot) aka: Cali and I as "ma and pa" and our posse.
(the "conversation" shot) Qiana wasn't happy that people weren't paying attention to the camera.
(the "model" shot) although I am doing more of a "godfather" pose, but hey atleast Qiana is looking at the camera...such a good baby.
1. We LOVE each other. I have a hard time keeping in touch with people from my life and I only consider a few people my "best friends", but out of those few about 90% are my family. They are the ones that know the most about me, the ones I feel most comfortable around, and the ones that I have the most happy childhood and life memories with. I am so happy that we have remained close throughout our lives, and that we are basically the same people we were as children. I love that we can laugh at ourselves and each other, and still feel that we are loved unconditionally. I love my girls.
I think this shot, totally captures the look of these poor "young" girls faces, when are conversations gave them a little bit TOO MUCH INFORMATION....hahahhahhaa.
This weekend was a blast, and I am so glad that it all worked out the way I had envisioned in my head. Even though the drive home on Sunday was long, it was completely worth it. Thanks for everyone who came, and let's not wait too long to do it again!