Tuesday, December 7, 2010

o christmas tree, o christmas tree...

I have decorated 3, count them 3 trees this christmas. 2 at home, and 1 at work. That's a lot of lighting problems to fix, ornaments to hang, and decor to set up.  I'm glad it's done.  I do love how it all turned out though, but I'm glad it'll be a whole year before I have to do it again. 

Our office tree needed a major redesign, the ornaments were old and ugly, we had gone years without a tree topper, and most of the lights didn't work.  So Emily and I gave it a little facelift. 
 Then, at home, we have the ornament tree! I still consider the ormaments that my grandma has given me every year since birth, some of my most prized possessions, and I love getting them out, and looking at my ornament timeline of my life. 
 
This is our little retro corner, filled with stockings, christmas decorations, and a tree skirt from my childhood. It makes me happy.

 This miss piggy ornament I have had since 1983 and it is my absolute favorite. It's the last ornament on the tree every year, and always gets the prime location.  You probably can't tell, but this little gem has adorable angel wings and a diamond ring...oh sooo cute. 
 Decorating my mom's tree is always such a big project but the end result is so rewarding!  My mom loved this tree. I love this tree. 


Now we are in the holiday spirit, and ready for the season. 

6 comments:

Larry and Janice said...

Angie - This proves it - - we ARE family! Our kids grew up with those exact same Christmas stockings that you guys had - and your mom and I didn't even shop together! Our kids always had the grandma ornaments they still decorate with as well! And I TOTALLY remember the gingerbread girl & boy! Definite nostalgic memories here for me too. You do an awesome job of creating Christmas magic!!! Your mom's proud, I KNOW!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Worth it! That is a seriously beautiful tree.

My ornaments from Grandma were stolen a couple of years ago from our storage unit at our apartment complex. Grandma was sweet enough to go through her collection and find one for almost every year for me to have but I still get a little sad when I think about all of the ornaments and all of the memories.

Kim said...

I want those Gingerbread people!! Dont' be surprised if you find them missing from your stash some year. I just love having the house decorated and turning on the lights at night. It's the best!! Elsie has decided that all the ornaments are her new toys, so she keeps most of them on the lower branches for convenient access.

melanie said...

Miss Piggy and Scarlett. Love it!

dirty>south said...

now you have to be sure and keep the tree up until April because you "just like how it looks"

Colleen said...

#1, your hair is totally CUTE!!! and #2, tree decorating is perhaps one of my favorite parts of Christmas. I love that you have two very special trees, both filled with memories. And nice job on the work tree too!