Friday, March 11, 2011

Yeah you got me begging begging baby please don't go...

When I move I plan on living in an apartment.
1) we don't need much space, as it's just me and Q
2) I hate yard work. I find the idea of a yard, playground, and pool that I don't personally have to take care of, but can enjoy at will, very very exciting.

So in planning my move, I realized that my entertainment center and my sectional couch, both large in size, would not fit into an apartment living space. So one had to go. I still had the gold couches that had been around since the 60's, so it made since to sell the couch.  I put my couch up on craigslist and sold it in 2 days.

But apparently I should have explained this to Q before the buyers came to pick up the couch, because she reacted strongly....
Massive Massive Tears


From what I could tell she was upset for 2 reasons:
1) She assumed, that without a couch, we could no longer watch tv...I understand how no tv could be upsetting. 
2) She is very big on being nice, and often yells at the villains on shows for "taking stuff that isn't there's". I think she believed that these people were taking mommy's couch and being mean....I find it sweet that she was trying to protect our stuff. 

She watched from the window as the buyers packed the couch away, crying and yelling, and wanting the couch back. 

(you can hear her say "mean" when I asked her what's wrong...)

After the space was cleaned, vaccummed, and ready to go Emily and I brought in the gold couches
And all was okay in Qiana's world. 

7 comments:

Kim said...

Don't worry, Q. I love you.

Love, Elsie

Kim said...

That was the sweetest thing ever. I'm glad she recovered and all is well in her world.

Kacey Nielsen said...

Poor girl! Happy you had a replacement on hand. I am trying to decide whether or not my children would notice a change in furniture... I don't think they are that observant.

Colleen said...

Oh that is TOO sweet! Man that girl kills me with her cuteness!

Ashley said...

Where in UT are you planning to live? We should be friends. I think Q and Sayda would have a blast together! :)

Unknown said...

I must say, I miss and love my ebony princess

Aly said...

Um...those gold couches are probably the best things I have seen in a long time. And Q is adorable!