Monday, February 11, 2008

You're so vain...You probably think this song is about you

Just a few words about why this man....



DRIVES ME INSANE


Did anyone else watch the grammy's last night? This man's ego is just out of control. During his speech for winner of best rap album he not only told another rapper and nominee Common "that he shouldn't have dropped his album at the same time as Kanye", but he also talked about how much he deserves to win album of the year and then he asked that the cue music be stopped so he could say a few words about "his mama" --he thanked everyone for the support and prayers and then basically promised his mama to keep being as awesome and talented as he already is.....why did the music have to stop so he could praise himself once again.

And can we talk about how "awesome" a rapper kanye is...really? really? I'll admit his songs can be catchy (except that stupid flashing lights one...that's just annoying), but as a lover of hip-hop, to me, his lyrics are just plain wack!

for example here are some of his lyrics to his song "stronger"

lets get lost tonight
you could be my black kate moss tonight
play secretary I'm the boss tonight

that i would even show up to this fake s**t
so go ahead go nuts go ape s**t
specially on my best stand on my bape s**t

I don't know if you got a man or not,
if you made plans or not
god put me in the plans or not
really kanye?

didn't anyone ever teach you that "rhyming" doesn't count when it's THE EXACT SAME WORD!

When Usher was annoucing the winner of best album, he even made a point to tell Kanye that "there are no losers in this category" which apparently didn't help soften the "blow" when Kanye was beat by Herbie Hancock. Reports say that after the show Kanye was in no mood to share his thoughts and he skipped post-show interview rooms to instead pose for photos with his fiance and members of his entourage. His only response to questions about how he felt about the results was a quiet "I'm good".

WHAT A BABY!! Many amazing entertainers have gone years without winning anything, and you can't be happy with "best rap album" and the other grammy's you have won....selfish.

just selfish.

7 comments:

dirty>south said...

FLASHING....LI LI LIGHTS! that song is the cut.

I don't blame him for working the dead mom angle. worked for puffy. oh wait, except BIG was a talented rapper and kanye's mom was an idiot who got plastic surgery when she shouldn't have.

hmmm. yeah, that's not going to work.

Mandi said...

So funny, what you wrote is exactly what I was thinking when I watched the Grammy's last night. He is quite self absorbed isn't he? My personal favorite was when he stopped the music to keep talking. Nice. I totally agree.

Nina said...

I agree...total baby! Get a grip Kanye!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part was when Vince Gill was like "I just had an award handed to me by a Beatle, have you had that happen yet Kanye?" Kanye got called out by Vince Gill!!! So Awesome!

I still like some of Kanye's beats though.

;o)

Emily Katlyn West said...

I Liked Kanye better circa "College Dropout" When he loved Jesus. . . . but one thing I will not back down on is two things

Kanye's raps are amazing

and. . .

Fantastic Voyage by Coolio is the the greatest rap song that ever hit the air waves!!!!

Kim said...

There's not much more to say...you said it all. He's so arrogant and annoying!!! Aaron did like his glow I'm the dark glasses though.

Myca said...

Yeah I think he is such a cocky idiot. He thinks he is God's gift to the world....someone needs to smack him upside the head...Hello reality check NO ONE LIKES YOU KANYE!