Thursday, June 30, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends..

I'll admit there have been times in the last couple of months that I have questioned my choice to move, and most of that is because my social life has been somewhat lacking. how does one make new friends as an adult?

I did have a good group of friends back in Moses, but I have to keep reminding myself that most of them moved on as well so it was time to leave, but I don't have many people to hang out with here, and times do get a little lonely. It's a lot of me and Q time, and it has been great, but every once in a while a girl needs some adult interaction.

I WAS able to go out with a few friends for my birthday. Well it was mostly my friend Tamu and everyone from her salon. But they are all cool, and it was super fun. We went out to dinner, hit up a club, then hit up a 24 hour diner joint until about 2:30 in the morning. It was a super funny night, but getting up the next morning to take care of Q was less than awesome. I took no pictures of that night (someone else did, and I have yet to get the pictures) but I did get this one inside the club.
Me and Tamu June 18 2011

I also attended this "white party" with the ladies a few weekends ago. It was less than awesome (it definitely did not live up to the same level as P Diddy's famous annual "white parties" that he throws in Miami)but it was good to get out for a little bit. Plus I did get to participate in a authentic "soul train" line  so that was super fun.





One weekend we headed up to Park City to watch an independent film that Tamu's youngest son Elijah had a bit part in that was premiering at a small film festival there. Without popcorn to entertain her,  Q lasted about 20 minutes and then I had to take her home. I didn't even get to see Elijah in the film, but the movie was super weird and from what everybody else told me I didn't miss anything. 


 Can you find me in this picture? hahaha. I am glowing.

No comments: