Sunday, October 7, 2012

Oh, dance, dance, dance to my ten guitars


When I saw that the Orem Rec Center was adding a beginning Polynesian dance class during the fall session, I signed Q up right away, and it was best decision ever. Oh my goodness it is so cute watching those girls (and a couple boys) learn some polynesian dance moves, and even learn some poi ball techniques. The teacher is amazing, and is so good about teaching them technique and discipline. Q thinks it awesome that she is learning moves like Lilo and Stitch.  
My only regret is that I didn't sign myself up for the adult class that takes places before hers, cause it looks like a great workout. I took beginning Hula at BYU-H, and it was super fun, it would be nice to dust off the ol' hip shaking, and get my dance on. If they offer the class during winter session I am sooooooo doing it. 


ready position

first day of poi ball training

The teacher is really good about teaching them how to enter and exit the stage




1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

And if I lived in Orem, I'd take it with you Angie. You could teach me a thing or two about shaking the hip.