Monday, April 7, 2014

The world keeps dreaming of spring

We actually got a couple weeks of spring break this year! Jared and Lindsay came down for their break, which was actually a week before ours, and then we got our own break. how lucky are we! WE had so much fun during those two weeks.


these girls are 5, 7, 6 and yet they are all basically the same height. they are awesome. 

 One day we went to Provo Rec Center to do some swimming. It was so fun for the kids. I loved that Q had lots of kids to play with and people like Carson, Jared, Kaiya, and Aaron that let her ride on them, so that I didn't have to get in the water. Lindsay, Kim, and I enjoyed staying relatively dry and talking.


Another day we played for a bit at Kim and Aaron's, then went and saw the muppet movie (so great), then hit up the mall to get some wiggles out. then had a fantastic dinner at 5 star BBQ and dessert at the chocolate. Yeah, it was a great day!


We also took the TRAX up to SLC one day and did some things around there. Q enjoyed riding the train with the cousins, but was less than entertained with the other activities. Oh well, at least she got some good food at the cheesecake factory. 








 On their last day we hung out at Kim and Aaron's all day. the kids played and played, and the adults played games and talked. We even got to leave the kids home with Carson, and go out for dinner. It was great. We seriously sat at the restaurant forever, and had no kids to take care of. awwww so nice.

One of the days the we were together, Jared gave the girls his phone and had them make a video with this new app called video star. Kaiya was the director. Oh my gosh it was awesome! I had never heard of it before, and had no idea what to expect. It made me so happy...and so jealous that they didn't have anything like that when we were younger. Here it is:


For Q's spring break, I told her that she could one fun thing to do each day. Day 1 she wanted to go see a movie, so went to see Mr. Peabody and Sherman (cute movie) and walk around Costco. Q loves walking around Costco. 

Day 2: We let her butterflies go (see another post), then painted some pottery. I had found a deal online, and thought it would be super fun. Q and I had a great time, and she loves her bowl. Afterwards we walked across the street to the Sweet Tooth Fairy (winner of cupcakes wars) and got some treats (cookie for Q and some cake bites-delicious). Then we hit up the carwash. Q LOVES the car wash, and I love having a clean car. That night we went and hung out with Peggy, Kendall, and Kylie while they babysat. I love talking with those guys. so fun!






On the way home we jammed out to our favorite song.


The next day, we met up with Kim and Elsie and did some outdoorsy stuff. Q really wanted to show Elsie the Bridal Veil falls trail and cool things she had found there. They were two cute little explorers. afterwards we hit up Zupa's for some lunch, and Target and Old Navy for some shopping. A good day. 







On Thursday we spent a few hours up at Piper's. Q got to run around and play with Harper while I got my hair done (it needed it bad!). That night we met up with Peggy, Kendall, Kylie, Kaelynn, Brooklyn, Kim, and Cali for some chips/queso and desserts at Chili's...oh it was great night. We sat there for so long talking and laughing...and of course eating! I love my family. 

On friday, Q and I were laying in bed trying to figure out what we were going to do that day, when Peggy texted us and invited us to a movie and lunch at Happy Sumo with her and the girls. Um yes please!!  Although, Peggy and the girls were seeing Mr. Peabody and Sherman and we had already seen it, so Q and I went to Rio 2 instead (good movie...great music). But we met back up at Happy Sumo and had some delicious sushi rolls! It made my heart and belly so happy. 




Afterwards Q and I stopped at this machine so she could get her fortune...luckily it didn't make her "BIG". 


Then we hit up a park, so she could run around and play. 



It was a fun two weeks, but I sure paid for it. Sunday I woke up sick with a sore throat and very very tired. Ah! the joys of getting older. 







No comments: