Wednesday, February 20, 2008

California dreamin...On such a winter's day

The weather was too cold to bear, the weekend was a holiday, and four girls were in desperate need of a vacation......so with less than a weeks notice we booked plane tickets, hotel, car rental, and a two-day hopper pass....and headed to sunny California!



Emily and Michelle had deprived childhoods and had never been to Disneyland....yeah i couldn't believe it either....so I had to take them to "the happiest place on earth".


I wonder how much rent would be on a place like this?



me and michelle riding the "tram" to disneyland our first day...yeah we were pretty giddy.


yeah the dumbo ride! I don't think Michelle was listening to the "don't stand up" rules...


who knew flying an elephant could be so taxing....


I done seen about everything...when i see an elephant fly..


waiting in line to see Mickey...NOT AWESOME!


getting a picture with Mickey himself...AWESOME!


"i'm wishing...for the one i love...to find me..."


just rollin with my homies pooh and tigger...no biggie...it's what i do.


me as a "roadie" for my favorite band "the electric mayhem". They rock!


the girls as we rock our kanye west inspired glasses


taking a leisurely stroll down the river on the Mark Twain boat


takin' a leisurely drive down toon town with michelle...


just chillin in New Orleans Square with my non-alcoholic Mint Julep...all i needed was a plantation and a frilly southern belle dress.


just some famous guy we saw...paul greene...he was hot!!


No this fireworks show is totally worth the wait in the freezing cold....AND IT WAS!


yeah we totally hit this up when we arrived in cali!


The trip was so fun. two very long but fun-filled days at disneyland! the weather was fabulous...until the sun went down (then I about froze to death), but it was totally worth it. The characters, the parades, the rides, the food, the good times and forever memories I made with my friends. what a great weekend!

7 comments:

Krystin said...

i'm glad you guys had fun! Hearing about your trip from you and emily makes me miss Disneyworld and getting into everything for free because jeff's old roomate worked there, and then got fired right after we left.. hehe.

Brenda said...

Thanks for helping my sis to "get out more." I think you made her millenium.....well until she finds Mr. right... It looks like you all had so much fun!

Kim said...

I'm still kicking myself for not joining you guys!

Nina said...

Em don't feel bad...I was 31 yrs. the 1st time I went to Disneyland! And I LOVED it! The Winnie the Pooh ride and Indiana Jones ride are my favorites. I was just trying to talk my husband into making summer reservations last night at dinner!

Glad you guys went and had some sunny fun!

Piper said...

so that's where you've been! Glad to see you found a place without snow!!

ashleyboice said...

oh my i wish i was at disneyland...i love that place...for me there is nothing like that first morning heading up to the front gate. I get giddy every time.

melanie said...

Sigh, In N Out. Miss and love that place.

I can't wait to take my kids to Disneyland. And Milo for that matter, he has never been either. Maybe we should go with no kids, ha! So glad you guys had a good time. Love all the pics.