Monday, February 4, 2008

A new day has... come

I realized looking back on my posts, that I have been kind of a "debbie downer", and I apologize. People don't read my blog to get depressed, hopefully they read it to laugh and smile....so here's to better posts from here on out.


TOP 5 GOALS FOR THIS MONTH:

1. Watch all five movies nominated for a "Best Picture" Oscar. This is my goal every year, and last year was the first time I actually made it happen. I hope to continue that tradition this year....even if I have to travel and watch them all in one day....it will be done.






2. Get stuff done at home.
I bought some items this weekend to help organize my house, and I need to put that into action before too long. I need to get boxes unloaded and stuff put in it's proper place....just to make my life a little happier.

3. Start working out. Not gonna break any records here, but I got some videos for christmas and I really want to start using them. My friend Michelle and I signed up for Bloomsday this year, and although the word "run" will never exit my mouth, we do plan on "wogging (walk/jog)" and I will need to keep up with her and her long legs.

4. Try to cook a meal. depending on how fast #2 gets done, I want to try and start my new year's goal of learning how to cook. My sister got me a slow cooker for christmas and I am anxious to use it.

5. Read a book. With the writer's strike still affecting my TV schedule, there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to get some reading done. I still have "in cold blood" that I borrowed from Emily like forever ago, and my sister is letting me borrow an Ann Rule book that she is almost finished with, so hopefully I can hit the ground running with those ones.

10 comments:

mumovearls said...

I always check your blog for the good stuff! Do you need help getting your house finished? Ryan could watch kids I'll help you.-n

Krystin said...

I am so excited for you! Those are some good goals... most of those are my daily goals! it always seems like theres something to put away, and i always have this feeling like i should always watch less tv and read something, and Bloomsday!!! how amazing are you. i look forward to your posts every day. "hope you have a good day angie"

Nina said...

I saw Juno and loved it!!! I also love your "wogging" because I thought I was the only person that does that...I can go (run) for long time, I just don't do it very fast. This is not helpful when your career was try catch people running from you :O)

Glad to hear things are looking up for you or at least you are making an effort to change it that way!

Piper said...

Read the "Twilight" series by Stefenie Meyer.... definitely a guilty pleasure, and a fast read, you will be hooked!

melanie said...

I've gotten back into reading with the strike. We have tons (!) of books (all genres) so if you run out, come over and get some.

Spread the word if you like the workout videos. I haven't started back at the gym yet, I don't want the baby in the crazy day care with sick kids.

::lindsay said...

Sounds like good goals to me. I've been reading more too. I really want to see Juno though. If it's not playing in ML you should come here so we can watch it together.

Alissa Maxwell said...

I think wogging should be a new official word. That's awesome! I hope you'll post your reviews on the Oscar movies. They all (except Juno) seem like such downers - I want a REAL opinion on whether I should see them!

Emily Katlyn West said...

I agree on the Twilight series, I have the first and next week I'll have the second, so you just let me know if you want it, also I can't wait for Best Picture day! It's going to be crazy, but I can't wait!

Kim said...

I'll see you later today to organize!!

Erin said...

It's the damn never ending winter that brings the Debbie Downer in all of us out, isn't it?!! Just 5 (more) weeks and 3 days til spring, (according to punksatawnie phil) then hopefully those moments of insanity from being cooped up in our houses, cars, workplaces etc. will be over.