Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE TV. And nothing makes me happier than the start of shows in the fall. Most men, around this time, get excited for the start of the football season and are busy putting together their "ultimate team" for fantasy football. Well...I get giddy with anticipation waiting for the TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly Fall Preview issue, so I can research new shows that I might add, and finalize my TV schedule. I have it down to quite an art. I list not only the days and times of each show, but you have to remember to keep track of premiere dates or you might miss the start of the season. The TV guide issue came out this past week, and after skimming through it last night I am excited to see that it looks as though I will have no timer issues, and will not have to drop any shows...yippee! Nothing makes me sadder than seeing that shows have switched nights or time slots and now I have a conflict. I was frantic when I saw that Law and Order SVU, Eli Stone, and Without a Trace were all on Tues. at 10:00, because I had no idea what show I would be willing to sacrifice. But then I noticed that NBC replays SVU on saturday nights.....phew! Hopefully the entertainment weekly will come out this week and I can put together my final line-up and post it for all to see.
But some shows have already started, and that is what I am going to post on today.
here are my
TOP 5 SHOWS THAT HAVE STARTED AND MY COMMENTS:
1. Prison Break: OH MY GOODNESS! Do I love this show. I thought there would be no way they could make a show about breaking out of prison last a few seasons, but not only has it lasted but it continues to make my heart pound with each second. The premise this year is more about revenge, and with the addition of Michael Rappaport to the cast (he makes me laugh) this season has started off with a bang.
2. Gossip Girl: Such a guilty pleasure show. I know the CW network is designed for the demographic of teens and and college age kids but man I can't get enough. It just sucks me in. And I hate to admit it, but I am intrigued by the Chuck character and just felt like crying for him in the premiere episode when he couldn't tell Blair that he loved her....I'm such a sucker.
3. America's Next Top Model (ANTM): Isis freaks me out! There I said it. And why is it that just because a "plus size" model (please she was a size 10) won last year that the next obvious step was to have a pre-op transgender contestant? A lot of these girls already drive me crazy, but will that stop me from watching...heck no. I just need the french girl to be less "awkward", the asian to be less "ghetto", and the lesbian vegan from seattle to be less....well just less everything. I'm also continually fascinated by the fact that a seemingly unattractive girl/ or she-male can take such amazing photos, and a "pretty" girl can be too pretty and therefore unphotographable. And I'm still trying to figure out how to smile with my eyes....oh Tyra!
4. 90210: Loved this show all 10 seasons when it was first on, so of course I had to try out the new show....and I'm hooked. Although I can't believe they made such a big deal about Brenda and Kelly returning to the show and made no mention that Nat (the owner of the Peach Pit, now known as the "Pit") was also going to be back on the show. Plus the premiere episode had some of the storyline focused around the school's production of "Spring awakening" (a musical that I love), so I got to hear a couple songs from it, and that made me happy.
5. Top Design: I've posted before about how I am a sucker for reality shows, and especially shows on the Bravo Network, so of course I was going to watch this little ditty...and I am already fascinated. So far my favorite designer is Ricky Schroders wife...and yes it's just because she's his wife. I love him, and thus love her. Plus she was paired with two complete idiots this past week, and still managed to create a cool bedroom, so I give her props for that.