Friday, June 26, 2009

Why, why, tell em that is human nature...

“If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.”-Michael Jackson

shock. numbness.

the world mourns the death of an icon.
Some don't seem to care.
I'm still trying to comprehend it.

Every generation has those artists that seem to define their childhood, their growing years. Michael Jackson was mine. The jackson 5 christmas album completely defines the holidays for me, and the "thriller" album changed music for me as a child. I LOVED that album...I still love that album. His music still rocks. His videos were iconic. His motown 25th performance when he debut his "moonwalk" for the first time is engraved in my mind.

that black hat. the shiny glove. the white socks. iconic.
I wish I knew how to moonwalk.

yes he was crazy, all the geniuses are.
I chose to remember the music.

remember the time
rock with you
billie jean
keep it in the closet
thriller
beat it
man in the mirror
wanna be startin something
the way you make me feel
black or white
heal the world
human nature
p.y.t
i just can't stop lovin you
don't stop til you get enough
will you be there (free willy song)
the girl is mine
she's out of my life
you are not alone
smooth criminal
scream

4 comments:

dirty>south said...

that's all we played at work yesterday was MJ. still trippin'.

Kim said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is saddened by this. There is no one like Michael Jackson, the performer and artist. Seriously, there are so many of his songs that I absolutely LOVE!! By the way, have I mentioned that I saw him at Disneyland?? He he.

Piper said...

can you believe this???? I couldn't. What about his kids???
What the heck??

Brigham said...

Talented and weird. It makes me feel old when icons die. Angie, I'll teach you to moonwalk.