Tuesday, February 9, 2010

These are the times to remember cause they will not last forever...

A couple weeks ago my longtime friend Liz invited me to attend the Billy Joel/Elton John concert with her in Seattle....and this past weekend was the festivities. Liz and I (along with my sister Kim and Uncle Tom) had attended a Billy Joel concert back when we were in high school and I was super stoked to see him again in concert. I had never seen Sir Elton John, but any man who sings songs like "Tiny Dancer" and "Your song" I am down to see.

Now let me tell you about our adventure...

I got into town (along with my friend Beth who was also attending with another party) and went to Liz's house. We talked for a bit and then headed out to catch a yummy dinner before the concert. Liz, her husband Zaron, Beth, and I had a fabulous dinner at Macchianos (sp) in Bellevue, and were doing great on time. Then we ordered dessert.....
Seriously it took forever!!! and we didn't leave the restaurant until 7:00...with the concert starting at the Key Arena in SEattle at 7:30...yeah good luck making it on time...
well we got pretty far with traffic being okay, but then we hit the Mercer St. exit. and that's where it all went downhill fast...
The Traffic was horrible! and it took forever to even get to the arena...and then we had to find parking...yeah, not awesome.
We were able to find this one reasonably priced parking lot and made our way up the levels to find a spot...there was only 1 spot left, and both cars on either side had parked very very close to the line. Liz and Beth got out, and I manuevered my way into the spot, and slithered my way out. Then we headed down to the 1st floor to pay the fee. When we discovered that once you pay the fee you had to put the stub on the dash of your car...sooo....I had to head back up to the 7th floor, slither back into my car, and put the stub on the dash...

Did I mention that it is raining...yeah, so by now my once straight hair is now starting to curl up in the fetal position.

Then we headed out on our long stroll to the arena...in the rain..without a jacket (i had forgotten my sweater at the restaurant)...in heels. I think I burned some major calories, which was the only good thought going through my head at the time.

Once we got to the arena, my worries were gone and I was just happy to be there and ready to party...

But then our tickets were rejected...and had apparently been "refunded" according to their little machines.
WHAT?
So we had to walk all the way to the other side of the arena, to the "ticket office", and check with them...in the way...already way late for the concert.

we were a little stressed...and were just hoping there was some mistake....that Liz's husband Zaron hadn't gotten scammed from the person he bought the tickets from on the internet...cause they weren't cheap...and that would just be awful.

We got to the ticket office....and it was closed. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

So we just headed to the front doors on that side and gave them our tickets. the lady scanned them and asked if they had been "refunded"? we said no...and she let us in.
We finally got in either because..
1) We may have found the one lady who didn't care about her job, or felt sorry for us that we were already so late
2) The event HAD been rescheduled and maybe it was a common thing popping up on tickets
or
3) we were just lucky

Anyway we went to find our seats...and somebody was in them...OH MAN
But there were two empty seats in the row in front of our assigned row so we just sat there.

And I had a fabulous time.

Watching the middle aged people danced in the aisles
Watching Elton and Billy and their magical fingers play the keys
and Hanging out with my friend Liz, that I hadn't spent much time with in years.

It was a great time.

6 comments:

Aly said...

That is crazy! I would have been freaking out the whole time. I would have loved to see that concert. I am a little jealous. Oh, and have your heard Ben Folds sing Tiny Dancer? It is fabulous. Check it out. Glad you finally got in though. How much would that have sucked?!

::lindsay said...

You must have been so stressed out. I'm glad it was a great concert.

Kim said...

You know I would've been crying five minutes in to that whole ordeal! Glad you ended up having a great time. :)

Kacey Nielsen said...

It's amazing how many moments can be made just the slightest bit better when you think of them as exercise! I also love that my parents were right there with the middle aged crowd bustin a move. Awesome.

Jess said...

WOW! Now that's a story ;) I'm glad you actually made it inside! Did you get your sweater back??

lysh said...

Billy Joel was one of my favorite concerts! He is so talented! That sounds like a totally stressful night but way worth it in the end. Plus you got to see Liz! How fun for you!