Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble...

Seattle Day 2:

Saturday was going to be cloudy and most likely raining, so we postponed our tulip trip and took it easy instead. We went and ate lunch at Ivar's...delicious, made a stop at Old Navy...love it, and took the kids to the Seattle Children's Museum. Liz was able to get my name on her membership, and that came with 4 free guests, so we were able to visit the museum for free, which made it even better...although I would pay to go in there again...the girls loved it...and so did us big kids (as you will see in the pictures).

For a couple of hours the girls played and played. The Museum is very kid friendly and is really really cute.
they have a place for the small kids to play in the water.

An ode to Tinkertoys:

a kid size grocery store
(notice my little thief)

fake cars, buses, etc for kids to play in

and a display honoring Asia and Africa...that obviously Em and I couldn't get enough of.

True Story...Q had her first major, and I mean major tantrum this weekend....in public... at the children's museum, and this little fake Metro Bus was the cause.
She loved this thing, I let her play in it forever...but forever wasn't long enough. When I took her out to move onto another cool thing...she freaked out. seriously freaked out. crying, rolling around, yelling, she was sweating so bad from the tantrum. I couldn't believe it. I finally put her binky in (i know, i know, I had finally gone done to binky only at night but it was all I could think of), cradled her in my arms, and she snuggled in and calmed down....and then i was stuck holding her. she wouldn't be put down after that. It had definitely been a long day, and her sleeping and naps were completely off, so I understood the tantrum...but wow! it was a doozy.

After the Museum I treated myself to a pina colada smoothie at orange julius, and took a couple seconds to breathe. We were on our way out when we noticed the massive downfall of rain outside...but we rolled up our jeans, bundled the kids in their sweatshirts, and made the short trek to our car...gotta love Seattle!

We headed down to the Southcenter area where we grabbed a delicious dinner at the Claim Jumper (the whiskey apple pork loin was scrumptious!!!!) had some dessert (lemon bar brulee...yep it is as good as it sounds), and then headed to our second cousin's Diane's house (where we stayed the next couple of nights). It was a full day, and while we sat down in our comfy clothes to watch "princess and the frog" projected on the wall (Elsie was in heaven), Q was begging to go to bed.
I think the tantrum took it's toll.

Next up Day 3...the tulips.


Lizzie Ann said...

I'm glad you had a great time. I just knew you and Emily would take some amazing pictures there. I especially love the one of you doing the "peace" sign. I seriously couldn't stop laughing.

Kimmy said...

Yes, the pictures are quite fabulous! Good times!

ashleyboice said...

I think I always thought it went "one night in bangkok an a hot man tumble"