Thursday, June 7, 2012

I enjoy being a girl...

Q had her end of the year preschool performance a couple weeks ago, and I just loved every minute of it. Q has grown so much in the last year and is really getting better at her letters, numbers, etc. She loves school, loved her teachers, and loved her school friends. She still asks everyday if she's going to school, and gets sad when I explain that we are on summer break. I know that that feeling won't last forever, but it makes me happy that she loves it and misses it.
Q is quite the performer, and insisted (totally on her own) that she bowed after every number. It was quite adorable if not a little embarrassing. I did have to remind her a couple times to sing louder, but when she kicks in the volume you can easily hear her above all the other kids. Q is the youngest in her class, but I think she did quite well this year.

Other musical numbers included:
letters, days of the week, months of the year, sesame street theme, and counting by 10's and 2's...but I thought I'd spare you from all of those videos as well.

entrance: pledge of allegiance:


At the end of this song, Kim and Elsie had arrived and as you can see Q was quite excited!

grand old flag:




surfin safari:




It was just a week or so before her recital that Q started singing this song around the house, and it just made me smile.

I enjoy being a girl:



My little preschooler:








(apparently i didn't get enough of Elsie in this picture!)

(here's a better one of elsie, although Q is making her crazy face)


(Q's teachers: Miss Vikki, Michelle (byu intern), and Miss Honey)

Here are the teacher gifts I made for Q's awesome teachers:
It had cups, crystal light, lotion, hand soap, and candy in a drink dispenser



Q had a great school year, and we 're looking forward to many more. 

2 comments:

Kim said...

Elsie and I just watched the videos. Elsie will not stop singing the songs!

Q did such a great job. I love that she loves being up on stage. She knows her stuff, especially for being the young one in the class.

Colleen said...

How cute the performance is!!! Q steals the limelight!