Monday, December 8, 2008

Funky Christmas and a funky new year, I swear...we got ourselves a party here

So last night Em, Qiana, and I got our holiday decorating on. We put on my christmas mix, and got the trees up. Qiana was a good girl, dressed in her holiday onesie (okay not really, but she was super comfortable so that's all that matters right?) and watched.

I was fortunate enough to be able to keep my mom's tree that she was so proud of, and em and I put it up where she always liked it. Man that thing was a beast to put together, and I'm not sure how my mom with her bum knees and all did it, but I just think it's the prettiest tree around.







Apparently Em and I had a "who could take the worst picture of the other under the tree" contest? Not quite sure, but i think we both lost this one.


I am now officially a grown up I think, because my household now has one classy tree and one "kid" tree filled with my precious ornaments from my grandma, and now Qiana's first christmas ornament.

This next picture is blurry but i had to post it, cause Qiana is smiling so so cute.

I know I should have waited until the traditional christmas eve, but she's too young to know about tradition yet.

I did continue with the Bates family dance party though. How can you not move to mariah's "all I want for christmas is you"?

12 comments:

Emily Katlyn West said...

Kick the Balistic Santa Clause!!!!

Kim said...

I'm so jealous...I want two trees!! Glad you guys had a good time and got into the festive spirit.

Mandi said...

I can see why your mom loved that tree. It is beautiful. You look great, and Qiana seriously gets cuter by the minute. She is absolutely gorgeous!

dirty>south said...

very cool. you just might have to keep it up all year because you "like the way it looks."

Peggy Dee said...

Cute tree. Cute baby. Not so cute pictures of the cute decorators!

Jess said...

It was so fun visiting with you girls the other night!!! I really am excited to get to know ya better :)
Love the pics!! Check out the celebrity gossip on my blog, it's way addicting :)
croftsblogs.blogspot.com

Jessica

Nina said...

WOW...could your daughter be ANY CUTER!? You tree is beautiful and it is good to see your spirits up.

Colleen said...

That is a gorgeous tree! Happy first Christmas Qiana, you cute little thing!

Krystin said...

can i live with you guys too? you look like you're having fun :) I'm excited to see you guys over Christmas break.

Anna said...

I love the tree! I'm with Kim, someday I want two. Qiana is getting so big and cute as ever.

Jill said...

I love your tree, I am pathetic with decorating, as in no tree. It's good to see yours!

Cali said...

Love the tree Angie. I miss your mom. Love you cousin...your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!