Thursday, April 25, 2013

When springtime makes it's way here...

Growing up my mom would take Kim and I (and whatever friends or family wanted to come) to the tulip festival in Skagit Valley every year. I loved it. In fact, I loved it so much that I continued the tradition with my friends, as well drove over to the festival each year. It always made me happy.
I was excited to learn that Utah has it's own little tulip festival here (definitely not as grand as the one in WA), and I decided that I would continue the tradition down here as well. Kim and I took the girls last year, and this year we were joined by Piper and Harper. It was such a great day! The tulips had a late bloom this year, due to winter being so horrid and soooooooo long, so some of the bulbs weren't blooming as well as last year, but it was still so fun and sooooo pretty.
Here is our day in pictures.
look how cute these girls are!



























Piper and I doing an "awkward family photo"


one of my favorite tulips





these pink, orange, yellow tulips are my favorite








No comments: