Thursday, December 6, 2007

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas

Last night bootsie (formerly em wizzle---it's a long story)

came over and we all decorated the house for christmas.

Its become our little tradition. Christmas music blared from my Ipod stereo as we hung our stockings (which we decorated last year), put up the tree, hung up the mistletoe

and set out our collection of holiday decorations

I love decorating my christmas tree, mostly because I love putting up all the ornaments that I have received from my Grandma Earl since I was born.

I love remembering each christmas and what cool and perfectly fitting ornament my grandma was able to pick out for me. There is the grant hill ornament for the time I was an avid NBA basketball watcher and was totally in love with him (still am, he's a beautiful man). The tennis playing moose for the years in junior high when I was on the tennis team. The ruby red slippers for the year I started my miniature shoe collection. And my personal favorite, the best ornament I own, and the last ornament to go on the tree every year. It always gets the prime viewing location complete with perfect lighting....it's the flying Miss Piggy Angel that I received in 1981.

I love it. Complete with glittery wings and a diamond ring, this ornament signifies the beauty of christmas and the start of the holiday season.

After decorating the house, I had a sudden surge of domestic energy and decided to make my lemon bars for us girls to enjoy. They turned out delicious and really topped off the evening.

5 comments:

Krystin said...

i love lemon bars. And i need your recipe.

Kim said...

We aren't decorating this year because we have to keep the house super clean and spiffy (not that anyone is looking at our house anyway)...it's very sad. I'm glad you had a fun evening of decorating. I think that's my favorite part of the whole season.

dirty>south said...

put up tha tree last night. Kaiya practically had a heart attack over all of Lindsay's old Barbie ornaments. Carson had a minor breakdown until he FINALLY found his 4th year ornament.

Samantha said...

i love our ornaments too. I've yet to put up a real christmas tree since i've been married, due to small apartment space or christmas's in mexico. This year it's because of mexico and new babies crawling. but every year I still get out my ornaments and look at them and love them.

Piper said...

Miss Piggy is one of my heroes! "Hiyyyya!"