Monday, December 17, 2007

i had a dream my life would be...so different from this hell i'm living

Okay so the title lyrics are a little dramatic, but they were the first ones that came into my head so I had to use them. I am a little disappointed though. I was so looking forward to posting a big announcement this morning but it just didn't work out. here's the story:

I am in the market to buy a house. This is huge. Me and commitment are not the best of friends and the thought of committing to moses lake, let alone a home for 30 years seemed to hard to bear. But lately I have come to grips with the fact that I really do like moses lake, and let's face it...its time to be a grown-up and plant some roots. So after talking to a lender and figuring out what I could afford and then looking at what's out there (not a whole here in moses, especially if you want to avoid some of the more "questionable" neighborhoods) I found a really cute house. So on thursday, after getting my mom's opinion, I put an offer on it......and found out this morning....I WAS OUTBID. This sucks. I'm just the kind of person who doesn't put forth a whole lot of effort into most things, or who bails when things get too complicated, so when I actually put forth effort and hopes into something and it doesn't work out it stings a little. I know the market is a tough business and I need to just get back out there...and I will. There is this other house that I kind of like, although it will take a little more work to make it my perfect house but it is cheaper so that's a plus. I am meeting with my realtor after work to see what to do from here....but I just wish I could have written a post with the title....

I'll be home for Christmas

3 comments:

Krystin said...

that's so exciting!!! Where are the houses you're looking at?

Kim said...

That sucks! I hate being disappointed. Was it that house you emailed me? I'm sure you'll find something super cute that will work out perfectly for you...I just know it. Keep looking because that's half the fun.

Colleen said...

Sorry Angie! It's obvious that that wasn't the perfect one though, there is surely some divine reason why you need to get a different house!