Friday, December 28, 2007

I drove all night to get to you...

Well in a couple of hours my friends and I are packing up the car and leaving on yet another adventure. We are heading to utah to spend a couple days and ring in the new year. The actual reason for our trip is to attend the homecoming of elder jay helquist

or "helquist" as he will be known forever. he served here in the moses lake singles ward for like....ever...and we all became really good friends....so why not head to his homecoming. plus it gives us a really good excuse to get away. I am also wayyyyyyyy stoked to see my sista Tamu and hang out with her family. I have known them for almost ten years now, that seems crazy, and I love love love hanging out with them. The twins are 18 now, weird, so we are taking them dancing saturday night....so I expect i will be back home in a couple days with some new dance moves to show off at papa's. holla! The roads down to Utah don't look super amazing, so with some good driving skills, caution, and a prayer hopefully we get there safe. Since I will be out of town for the new year I am posting now my new year's resolutions....plus i figured if i write them down here then I am more responsible for getting them done.

1. fit into a size 8 jean in time for family pictures this summer
2. learn how to cook like my mom
3. get my own place
4. actually learn how play at least one song on the guitar I bought a year ago.
5. Be a better, nicer person

happy new years to all of you!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I pretty much need to do all those, too. How funny! Well, I don't own a guitar...but I seriously want to learn to play the piano again.

Kim said...

Drive safe. Give me a call to let me know where you are at!

::lindsay said...

Hope you have fun! Good idea to post New Year's Resolutions. I think I will too.

Piper said...

CALL ME IF YOU GO FOR KARAOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1