Monday, May 13, 2013

It's so hard to say goodbye...

Q's had this blanket since she was a baby. She has always taken more to the "fuzzy" blankets as opposed to the "silky" kind, and she has loved this blanket...loved it to death. It had become disgusting, and the bane of my existence. I was having to wash it every couple days, so it wouldn't smell. One particular corner had seen the worst of it, and was now just a bunch of strings and patches of fabric. I kept putting it in Q;s head that it was possibly time to get rid of it, but she kept protesting. Then one day she just decided it was time to throw it away. I didn't question it at all, and just calmly sat on the couch, while she nonchalantly walked over to the trash and threw it away...inside my heart was jumping for joy.  She hasn't missed it, and hasn't even mentioned the blanket since that day. Woo Hoo!






1 comment:

Kim said...

I didn't know about this. It's weird to think it's gone! What a big girl!