Monday, June 17, 2013

Summertime...and the livin is easy...

School got out, and we have spent most of the summer so far relaxing, playing in the sun, and hanging with family and friends.
our new favorite park in Springville. 


Q took some swim lessons (her first session of the summer). She just loves being in the water!




look at her tan line already.




I bought myself an ipad for mother's day, and Q loves playing games with me on it. Carcassone against Mitch is one of our favorites. 

of course we've hit up some movies!

1/2 off shakes after 8pm....yes please! 

We met up with my friend Kelsey and her kids at a splash pad in Alpine. Kelsey and I used to work at the credit union together back in 2001, and I hadn't seen her since I moved home after graduating from BYU, and she came to visit a month or so after. It was so fun to see her!

we got a quick visit with Brad, and we were both so excited!

Q loves babies, and getting to see cousin Kelsey's baby was exciting. 


Daishan had come down to Utah for Kelsey's baby's birth, and needed someone to watch her boys a little bit...we were excited to have them! They were a little shy at first, but after a few minutes they were playing like crazy. When Daishan came to get them, the kids had formed a band and were jamming. It was a crazy flashback for D and I to our "street rocker" days with Britney and Kim.


the rest of the summer is filled with more swimming lessons, soccer camp, day camp, fun in the sun, hanging with friends and family, and quality time with mommy and Q....gotta love Summer!!


1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Yes, you are so right . . . gotta love Summer.

(And who knew shakes were half price at Sonic? How I wish we had a Sonic.)