Monday, October 29, 2007

just another manic monday.....walk like an eqyptian

did you like how i used TWO bangles references in my title? i was impressed with myself.


well today has been crazy. i have been wanting to post pictures from my halloween weekend all morning but the internet has been down. which way sucked, cause without the internet my job is basically at a stand still....needless to say today was not a happy day. but moving on.

saturday was the annual halloween costume party that i started 4 years ago. each year it has been amazing with pretty much everybody dressing up. bro lybbert even came last year has an outhouse, which he had specifically built for the occasion...brilliant. well this year.....was disappointing. too many young kids who apparently are "too cool for school" and don't feel the need to dress up. plus we had an abundance of "cowboys", so much so that i thought i walked into a rodeo instead of a halloween dance. maybe dressin up as a "cowboy" is a considered a costume like in new york, but not in moses lake. despite the lack of participation my friends and i had a ball. we have been working on our costumes for awhile now, and spent most of the weekend doing last minute alterations, haircuts to my wig (thanks michelle for sacrificing a bit of your bangs in the process) and touch-ups to make our costumes perfect. so without further explanation...i give you...my halloween 2007.



(me as cleopatra-i had to cut this wig to make is perfect, hemmed up the dress so i could walk, and tighten the sleeves...who knew i could sew? a big shout out to my mom for doing my make-up.)




(nette nette as mother nature-she did an amazin job on her headpiece, i wish you could see how awesome it turned out)

(indian princess-michelle did some amazing work with her costume. she added the whole bottom layer, removed any colored feathers, and created her own head piece with cute ribbon and hand dyed pink feathers)

(emily as a nun...after the church dance we headed to a club to go dancing, the best moment of the night was seeing emily in a bar with her nun costume...brilliant)

10 comments:

Piper said...

Good job on the costumes!! Glad you had a fun weekend.

Samantha said...

Angie I love love love your costume. you look so beautiful in it. but hold up? you went to a club afterwards? WHERE WERE YOU??

Angie said...

every saturday papa's now has dancing. way fun. so not so much a "club" in the big city sense, but for moses it works!

Kim said...

Love love love it!!!!! You looked so good. I wish I had that creativity. Good job to all the girls on the costumes.

::lindsay said...

I LOVE YOUR COSTUME!!! YOU ALWAYS COME UP WITH THE BEST IDEAS!

Kacey Nielsen said...

I just totally watched Sister Act, picturing Emily at a club with the whole nun gear that just brought laughter to my heart. And her shoes were killer! Oh yeah, and of course you looked fabulous too:) The wig was perfect!

melanie said...

Lovin Cleopatra! And they sewing skills proved perfect! Yeah, who thinks a cowboy is dressing up here, unless you're 6 (it's what Nathan wants to be).

Krystin said...

that's so funny- yeah we went to a party this weekend and half of the people there were cowboys and jeff totally won the costume contest, i got better pictures this time for you.

Brianne said...

You look amazing in your costume. I love Halloween! It's definitely my favorite holiday. I can't wait to see It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown which comes on in a few minutes. For some reason it's a must see every year.

Colleen said...

That costume ROCKS! Nice work! And great idea!