Wednesday, January 2, 2008

all I wanna do is have some fun...

Utah was sooooooooo fun. Its hard after a full trip to really be able to capture every moment, every joke, every memory and put it into a blog. so I will go with my....

TOP 5 FAVORITE MOMENTS/MEMORIES OF THIS PAST WEEKEND:

(what the sex and the city girls might look like if they actually liked to eat...hahahahahhaa)

5. Roadtrip:
food stamps may not be able to buy diapers (as eminem once said), but they can buy a heck of alot of snacks for the road (thanks em).


With good music playing, good conversation,


an amazing new car game invented by michelle where you take pictures of drivers along the road from your passenger side window (just picture us laughing so hard after getting smiles, looks of confusion and amazement, and some middle fingers from drivers along the way)

and plenty to eat we hit the road.


The roads were a breeze for a champ like me, and thanks to an overnight pit stop at kimmie's (on the way down) the trip went amazing. The way home was a little rough as I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep before waking at 6am to hit the road for a 11 hour trip home,


but with these girls in the car who couldn't have fun?

4. FREESTYLE BATTLE:
a tradition started over a year ago, and yet lives on to this day.

helquist plays the same rhythm on the guitar and you sing a few lines from a song to that rhythm. then someone uses a word you just used and figures out a new song to sing. it usually ends up being a rap battle but is amazingly fun. Emily won this one when she bust out the "i got a cute face, chubby waist, thick legs, in shape...." complete with dance moves. you can't beat that....we got served!


3. THE MEDIA ROOM:
My cousin Cali was so nice and let us chill at her house while she was away. What an amazing place in general, but that media room stole my heart. I never wanted to leave. We had a blast watchin' Stomp the Yard, Dreamgirls, and the Justin Timberlake concert on that big screen and pretty much felt like we were "in the movies"....which gave us the idea to stand next to the screen and pretty much play the parts we were watching. me and emily do an amazing re-inactment of "its all over/and i am telling you i'm not going" scene from dreamgirls.


2. DANCE BATTLES:
My friends and I (mostly Emily) often break into dance parties as it is,

but add in some girls that can really move and you have yourself a party.


then add in some white boys who aren't afraid to bust a move "rhythm or no rhythm" and things just get plain crazy!



Three of my sista tamu's girls came over one night to hang out, watch a movie, and teach us some new dance moves.


...oh i love them.
(yeah my voice is obnoxious...so pay attention to the dancing)

(gettin' "hifey" with E-40 and some freestyle)

("walkin it out")

(breakin')

1. NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY:
As I posted earlier I love my girl Tamu. We met in beauty school almost 10 years ago, and have been like sisters ever since. Her family

has become my family and the time i get to hang with them is always so awesome.

(he just doesn't know how to handle his sparkling cider i guess)


Her girls are my "ride or die" chicks, her boys are the future heartbreakers of america, her husband is a great example of what a man and a husband should be


and Tamu, is now and forever one of my closest friends and someone I trust with my heart.

With my girls, our friend John (who luckily had nothing better to do , so we got to spend some quality time with him)



some bubbly


some singing, some amazing food

and a party attitude.


we rung in the new year with style.


Here's to a fierce and fabulous 2008!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Yup, my new year's weekend was even more awesome than that...I just wouldn't want to make you jealous. OR NOT! Wow, what a fun trip. I'm so glad you guys had such a great time.

Anonymous said...

Such an amazing trip. Something else worth mentioning...the lady in that car had a license plate that said "Evil"...but she still smiled for the camera...HOLLA!

::lindsay said...

Sounds like your trip was a blast! I'm so glad you put some video up. Tamu and her family are always so fun to be around.

tamiearl said...

So glad to hear you had a great trip! Loved the pics/video of Tamu's crew. Welcome home...

mumovearls said...

ok i'm jealous you sound like you had a great time! we did a whole lot of driving new years so we didn't make it to new years. glad you got back safe -n