Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm a lover not a fighter...

Say what you want about the current state of affairs in regards to Michael Jackson but 25 years ago, when the Thriller album came out, the man could do no wrong.


It was the biggest selling album in recording history and this performer, with his innovative dance moves, pop beats, iconic style choices (such as the shiny glove-red zipper leather jacket-and black hat), and amazing musicality set the standard for every dancer/performer to follow. This amazing album gave us so many incredible and timeless hits such as; the girl is mine (with paul mccartney), wanna be startin' something, thriller, beat it, billie jean, human nature, and my personal #1 P.Y.T. (pretty young thing). Amazing songs right?

Last night on America's Best Dance Crew they paid tribute to this amazing album and honored the innovative man behind the "moonwalk" ( I remember watching the motown special when he unveiled this move and knowing-even as a child-how it would change dance forever), and many other "signature" dance moves. Each team had to dance to a song off the Thriller album and had to incorporate Michael Jackson's signature moves into their own style of dance. My favorite team...the JabbawockeeZ....picked my favorite song....P.Y.T....and this is what happened--------



THEY DOMINATED!

3 comments:

Nina said...

When I was down in AZ they had an awesome radio station that played all the songs from my childhood...

P.Y.T. came on and I rocked it in my rental car :O)

That was an awesome album!

Kim said...

I remember being so scared by the Thriller video! Like you said, there were so many great songs that I still love.

mumovearls said...

I just watched this episode last night! JabbawockeeZ rocked the house! I loved how they did the coat flip thing, it was sick! I love them their transitions are so tight-Tom and I watched it twice!
right now this is my favorite order
1. JabbawockeeZ (they are just fun to watch and by far have the Best Routines)
2.Status-Quo - I think they have the most street credit for crew dancing!the only thing they lack are booty shaking girls!
3.Kaba Modern - Their isolations are SICK even the girls are Talented!

Ok enough I gotta stop-nena