Thursday, September 20, 2007

I remember the time I knew what happiness was...Let the memory live again

I was home sick yesterday, nothing major, i just didn't feel super awesome and thought a day of rest was much needed. i slept (alot), caught up on shows, and read (an excellent book "a long way gone"---a true life account of a boy soldier in africa). at one point i was flipping through the channels, when i heard the music of my teenage years. my ears perked up and a smile instantly fell on my face as i heard the theme music for beverly hills 90210.



oh how i loved this show!! every week for 10 years i tuned in to see the drama unfold. who would kelly be hooking up with, what destructive behavior would dylan be involved in, which cause would brandon be fighting for, what hairstyle would donna be trying to pull off, what trouble would steve be getting into, and how hot would david look. each season brought new excitement, and i was devastated when it finally went off the air. this was one of the defining shows of my growing years. when it began i was a freshman in high school (the characters were sophomores), and it followed be through the remainder of high school, through college, and into the real world. these characters lived in a world full of money, drama, violence, sex, love, and lifelong friendships, and i wanted to be a part of that world, and for 10 years...i was. sometimes i miss my old friends.

7 comments:

Brianne said...

How funny! I found these on DVD at our local library. I have missed this show too. It has been one of my all time favorites!

melanie said...

What channel and what time?! The theme song played in my head when I read that! I was a faithful watcher for 10 years too. Milo still laughs that I know every episode. Yeah, who doesn't? Good times in the 90's!

Angie said...

milo should be embarrassed that he DOESN'T know every episode. it's on soapnet at like 3ish i believe.

Krystin said...

i LOVE the Hills. I love to hate the people on the show. I was a little dissappointed with ANTM, BUT still willing to keep watching it.

ashleyboice said...

Ohhhh I loved 90210. I agree...I miss my old friends too. I actually loooooved brandon. OHHH my. What a great show. I watch it sometimes during the day too. I cried at the shows finale...but then who didn't??

Kim said...

Wednesday night, mac and cheese, 90210...who could ask for anything better?!

::lindsay said...

I loved 90210 as well. Great show. The other day {because I don't have tv in my apt} I watched the finale online. Ahh...so good.