Wednesday, January 9, 2008

i'm in to you...no one else will do

TOP 10 SONGS I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO:

10. FALSETTO-the dream. Any song that can use melodic moaning as a chorus gets my vote.

9. GROWN WOMAN-mary j blige. Mary j's new album is so fabulous and so far her three released singles, work that, just fine, and now grown woman show what an r'n'b powerhouse she is.

8. LET IT GO-keyshia cole. "they gonna mix it with biggie...it was all a dream". great hooks, great beat, amazing vocals.

7. JUST A MOMENT-nas. Not a new song, in fact it came out a couple years ago, but for some reason my friends and i can't stop listening to it. the chorus is just so addictive. "as day comes, and night falls, for rest of my life we'll miss y'all..."

6. ROC BOYS (AND THE WINNER IS)-jay-z. One of my favorite rappers of all time, and with his new album American Gangster he proves what an amazing lyricist he can be. The beats of this song are awesome, and the use of the trumpets give it an old school jazz vibe.

5. ON THE HOTLINE-pretty ricky. Not kid appropriate, but a girl like me who has loved songs like "freak me" or "doin' it" or "i'll make love to you"...this song is a catchy little number that i can't get enough of.

4. LIKE YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN-alicia keys. I have praised alicia's new album in the past, and this song is just another example of the power of alicia. the beat is smooth, vocals are tight, and with lyrics like "kiss me like you'll never see me again"...you can't deny that alicia is queen.

3. LOW- flo rida. "Shorty had them apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur..." c'mon you know that hook is catchy! and with that beat...undeniable. This song just makes me move every single time i hear it.

2. NEVER-jaheim. Jaheim's new album is so amazing...let me just get that out there. As he states in the first track of the cd he is the new king of r'n'b. And with his hit single never-jaheim shows off his smooth lyrics and soulful voice. my favorite line..."never would this playa hang his jersey up and leave the game"

1. WITH YOU-chris brown. "I need you boo, gotta see you boo..." Oh chris brown..you have a special place in my heart. P.S. The video for this song, once again shows off chris' amazing dance skillz, so check it out, and try to deny the fact that chris brown has got something special that won't fade anytime soon.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

haha I must be so out of it cause I don't think I know any single one of those songs.

Emily Katlyn West said...

"Can we please pour out some liquer. . . ." (cue michelle. . .glub, glub, glub)

Wait. . . .why isn't "flashing lights" on there?

Just Kidding!!!!!

Krystin said...

gotta love low.

Kim said...

This is why I need you in my life on a regular basis...I don't know these songs!! Embarrassing?!