Monday, January 7, 2008

who loves you pretty baby...

"They wrote their own songs, invented their own sounds and sold 175 million records worldwide - all before they were 30. JERSEY BOYS relates the rags-to-riches story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, a group of blue-collar boys from the wrong side of the tracks who became one of the biggest American pop music sensations of all time"


Saturday me, michelle, emily, mindi, and my mom drove over to seattle to see "jersey boys" at the 5th avenue theater. so amazing.

The 5th avenue theater is such a gorgeous building, and I have such a strong tie to it as most of my first musicals were seen in that fabulous theater. Our seats were up in the balcony, but it didn't matter, because the music, the laughter, and the tears were felt throughout the theater hall. Frankie Valli and the four seasons had such amazing hits, that the soundtrack to the play was phenomenal.

Songs like--can't take my eyes off of you, my eyes adored you, walk like a man, sherry, big girls don't cry, bye bye baby (baby goodbye), stay (just a little bit longer), who loves you, and workin' my way back to you made everyone want to clap, dance, and of course sing along.

It was an amazing story of four guys from the block in jersey and their successes, failures, tragedies, and triumphs all highlighted with their hit songs. An A+ musical in my book, and not a shock that it won the tony award for Best Musical.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I talked to mom last night about it and she said it was amazing. I am SO sad that I missed it! I'm glad you guys had a good time, though. Wow, they really did have some great songs!

tamiearl said...

Ditto to your review. Loved the songs...so catchy and fun. Especially enjoyed the video clips of "Ed Sullivan" and "American Bandstand" appearances. Aah...memories! Thanks for including me. I had a blast!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Jersey Boys is definitely on my list of want to see musicals. Loved the review

Emily Katlyn West said...

I agree for being in the nose bleed section we really did not miss much!!!! I don't think I'll ever listen to "Oh What a Night" in the same way again though!