Wednesday, January 16, 2008

welcome to my nightmare...

A home buyer's dream?...more like a nightmare?


I was warned by my brother jared that going into this store would be overwhelming....that was an understatement... so much to look at...too much i think.

too many choices.

I went in for paint.

the lady was very helpful, very informative. all good so far.

i picked my paint, and she said it would be ready in 15 minutes....

then it all went downhill from there.

why did i have to wander? why did i feel the need to "look around"?

toilets, toilet seats, faucets, towel racks....aghh......all too much. Too many decisions...too much money....

i couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I think i'm startin to stress....

4 comments:

Jill said...

The Home Depot is why every house should come with a pick up truck. You can always find something you "need" there and your car is way too small to haul it all home.

Crisdee said...

RELAX...the best advise I got... (and didn't follow!) is that you don't have to have it ALL at the beginning... you will enjoy doing little projects in due time... remember, this is your First house... just enjoy it!!! Home Depot is the devil! you can get out of there with a HUGE PAIN in your wallet... it's scary! You'll be fine!!! ;)

dirty>south said...

HOME + DEPOT = SUICIDE

Kim said...

I was thinking the same thing as Crisdee. You don't have to get it all done now. Just space it out and take the time to enjoy it. It really can be fun. I will have to say that Aaron and I love walking around Home Depot, so if you ever need moral support...we're here for you. I'm excited for you!