Monday, January 14, 2008

I am changing, I’ll get my life together now...

At 31
I thought by now
A wedding I would have had.

With parties-gifts
family, and friends, and
dresses in the latest fad.

I’m all grown up
And although my dreams
have not
all come true

I’ve got awesome friends
Family who cares
And so much more to do.

I’m becoming a grown-up
A task I have dread.
Adding more bills,
a mortgage,
and a home.

It’s a little house
A starter place
at most
With a full backyard
in which to roam.

It’s all pretty exciting
A big event
in this girl’s life
So a party is in place

A housewarming affair
With food and fun
And my new home
on display.

I’ve got a good sense
of color,
of fabric, and style
With big items already bought.

But I need your help
to finish the look
The simple, everyday,
items
Of which
I have not.

My style-
We’ll call retro modern,
My colors-
brown green orange
blue cream and pink

Bold yet classy choices
For this grown-up girl I think

So here’s the invite
to one and all
A party to attend

On February 9, 2008
For me
family
and
Friends!

If you can’t come
I do understand
For some of you
the distance is to far

So let me say now
I appreciate your kind thoughts
And your generous
gifts
From the heart. :)

More information (for people who can attend)
such as directions and time to come later.

Angie Bates is registered at: walmart.com--- target.com--- bedbathandbeyond.com

(although these lists contain stuff that I liked, they can be used a guideline--cause let's face it
you seasoned mothers, wives, and homeowners probably know more than me about what "i need")

here is a swatch of my basic color scheme:

8 comments:

Krystin said...

SOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!!!!!!
Will you leave a comment on my latest blog with your new address?!?!?!?!

Nina said...

CONGRATS to you on such a huge achievement in life! Way to go Lady :O)

Kim said...

Sounds like a blast! Yippee...I get to be there. Can't wait to see the new place.

Crisdee said...

I couldn't find your registry at Walmart.com let me know how you registered...
Congrats on your new house... I'm very happy for ya!

::lindsay said...

I'm excited to go!

By the way, which colors go for which rooms?

Piper said...

Wow Angie!! Big time stuff!! Congratulations!

Samantha said...

Those colors are so you.

tamiearl said...

Hey, kid...I'm proud of you and this big step! I know it has been a scary thought, but you will be happy you made the leap. Love you.