Friday, November 2, 2007

And for all ya'll suckas that don't know...Check it out

in talking with my friend emily (aka: em wizzle), we have decided that there are some "catchphrases" or popular sayings that seriously NEED TO GO. They are so overdone, and frankly cause me to cringe whenever someone uses them. (no offense to those who read this and use these phrases, but now you know...time to let them go)

so here is my special...

TOP TEN "CATCHPHRASES" that must leave our vocabulary:
(in no particular order, since all of these are equally obnoxious)

1. "been there, done that" and "been there, done that, got the tee-shirt". really? this one just gets on my nerves.

2. "all that and a bag of chips". what does that even mean?

3. blue collar comedy references such as "get er' done" or "here's your sign". how many years have those been sticking around?

4. hand/arm gestures such as "whatever" "loser" "we're not worthy" and "raise the roof". totally played out.

5. rhyming phrases such as "chillin like a villain" or "it's on like donkey kong"...again...what do these mean? just because something rhymes doesn't mean it makes sense.

6. urban phrases such as "bling" "talk to the hand" "you go girl" or "wack". when middle aged white people start using them, it's time to let them go because they are no longer cool.

7. lil' jon impersonations such as use of the words "what?" "yeah" or "okay", said with a thick, scratchy, southern accent. lil' jon can barely get away with saying these things, and he's famous.

8. movie catchphrases or accents such as austin powers "do i make you horny?" or "yeah baby", napolean dynamites "skills", "gosh", "your mom went to college", or the wearing of the dreaded "vote for pedro tee-shirts"

9. polygamy references or jokes. with mormons so hot right now in 07' (mitt romney, big love on HBO, a black mormon on house MD) the polygamy joke is just so overdone...anything else you guys can come up with to poke fun? didn't think so? i mean, have some sort of creativity, the polygamy joke is just too easy and now too overdone.

10. WASSUP! said with tongue out, as if mimicking the annoying commercial. this was played out the moment it came on the scene, and yet people are still doing it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is emily and i would just like to say that i still think wussaap! Said with the tongue sticking out is cool. . . But everything else i support one hundred percent!

Angie said...

just because you are trying to "make it cool" doesn't mean it is. :)

::lindsay said...

Yeah, I'm totally guilty of still saying some of those. Apparently I need to stop...I didn't realize I was bringing down my coolness factor.

Kim said...

Very well done! I would agree with your choices. I especially enjoyed #6 - urban phrases - because it is so true. When I hear trying to use these words, like Cindy Crawford on Oprah, it makes me want to cringe.

Nina said...

I guess I will have to stop saying "in there like swimwear" :O) Just kidding...

dirty>south said...

who bangin? let me talks by gangsta talk!

mumovearls said...

I agree with all those! -nena

Piper said...

What about "totally played out'?? Hee hee!! Love you!