Tuesday, November 20, 2007

and I...want to thank you

in honor of the upcoming holiday here is my...

TOP 5 SIMPLE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR: (part 1 of a 3 part mini-series) :)

1. My friends. Nette's kindness and good heart, Michelle's odd sense of humor that makes me laugh on a daily basis, Emily's soulful voice that makes me smile and her willingness to be the butt of every joke, and Aubrey's fun and playfulness. These girls are my core and I'm glad we found each other (ahhhh...we just had a moment)

2. Modern Electronics. I have no idea how I survived life without an IPOD and DVR. They make my life of entertainment gluttony so much easier.

3. Driving. So far my car has been good to me and has provided me with so many memories. I love to drive, whether short distances across town or on long road trips to exciting destinations. Getting behind the wheel and settling in to the perfect driving position, makes me feel so in control. Sometimes its the perfect selection of music, or the sound of the open road echoing through the silence, or the laughter coming from passengers as we discuss our favorite topics...either way, driving is one of favorite past times, and I am thankful I have the ability and the means to do it on regular basis.

4. My job. Who knows what the future will bring so it will be nice to look back on this time and remember how awesome I had it. The people are so fun, my boss is amazing, and everything is so laid back which makes dealing with even the hardest patient totally worth it.

5. Stephen's brand Mint Hot Chocolate. So delicious. One of the only things that make me excited for the cold winter season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you too! And yes I think we had a moment there. I wouldn't have had half of the good times without you. -Nette

Kim said...

I am thankful for your driving as well. If I had enough money I'd hire you as my personal driver, but I don't. Nice thought, though!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo! I guess If I had a blog I might at some point write my top 5 reasons I'm thankful for Angie, but I don't and it would be something similar to what you already wrote, for example. . .

1. Modern electronics like Angie's i pod and DVR for which I would never know the latest jams or be able to have random dance parties and I would never be able to watch my favorite shows (House, The Office, and American Idol)

2.Angie's Driving, I would have never seen Vegas, Reno, or Canada and not to mention all the carpooling around ML and that one time we solved the world's problems and figured out my life all in the comfort of your ride!

3.Angie's Job that makes me wanna do something with my life so that someday I can be smart and have a job as full of perks as hers!

4.Peppermint Hot Cocoa and the many other amazing treats like gummy coke bottles, diet pepsi or coke with lime, mushroom ravioli, burshetta, and creme broule that angie has urged me to step out of the box and try

And last but not least. . .

5. Angie's friendship. . . . The on going effort to make me thick skinned, the constant support when I sing even when my song choices blow or I'm not very awesome, The advice and pep talks on "boys" and my crazy issues. But mostly still being willing to be my friend even though I have short arms!!! Just Kidding! I could go on and on and on because you mean so much to me! I seriously Love You LONG TIME!!!!! Love Em

::lindsay said...

Love, love, love the mint hot chocolate. We've been going through it like crazy over here.