Thursday, November 29, 2007

you can dance right through your life...

well it didn't work. dominic did not fall in love with me, and I was forced to drive back home. sad day.

The concert was amazing though, and so much fun. Getting there and driving back was a different story. With ugly snowy conditions on Snoqualmie Pass, rush hour traffic from Bellevue to Everett, and completely retarded drivers it took us 4+ hours to get to the events center. It was well worth it though, as our seats were amazing (once the "even though we are on the second row we need to stand up for every performance" people were forced to sit down), and the performances were just as exciting as they were on tv. Dominic, of course, was hilarious and completely blew me away with his solo (song choice: Bel Biv Devoe's Poison). The breakin' performance choreographed and performed by Dominic, Hok, and Sara was also a personal highlight. Lacey was injured, so she didn't dance much (no biggy), except to perform her latin number with Danny (hip-hip chin-chin) and the highly over-rated daddy-daughter routine with Neil. Jesus, Hok, Anya, and Shauna, all not in the top 10, were there to fill-in for dancers and perform. Which meant we got to see the hummingbird/flower routine with Hok and Jaime, and the Vagabond dance with Jesus and Hok which I was way excited about. I was a little upset though that I didn't get to see the "Waiting on the World to change" dance live...okay not really.

Leaving the concert I was dumbfounded by the amount of stupidity and ridiculous driving skills that many people possess. On two separate occasions cars stopped in the middle of a street to "wait" for their passengers. Also, many drivers felt the need to stop and let every person in a 100 yard radius cross the street before they would even attempt to keep the flow of traffic moving. insane. Luckily I am a defensive yet aggressive driver and with my cunning use of car horns, yelling, sarcastic comments, and constant forward movement I was able to navigate my way through the traffic and hit the road home. We arrived home about 2:45 am and I hit the sack.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good time and made it home safely. I was worried about you. I have a true appreciation for your driving after experiencing NYC with you. I'm not confident enough for that kind of driving.

Nina said...

We must have attended the same drivers ed class :O) Glad to hear you had a good time and arrived home safe and sound.

Samantha said...

can i stress how jealous i am??? I live in vegas, sin city people, and they didn't come here. So sad.

Krystin said...

i hate second row people.

Piper said...

Last time I danced in front of anyone, it was to "poison". I Roger-Rabbited into the fridge and sprained my ankle.... I have a true appreciation for "real" dancers. Glad you had fun! love you.

EmilyG said...

How did you get home so quickly??? Based on traffic and stupid drivers (we actually got to witness the lady in front of us get out of her car and go tell off the car in the front of the turn lane because they were too timid to make a left hand turn and sat through three red light rotations), I didn't get back to Seattle until midnight. And Severin and Melissa Redford stayed at my house, left at midnight and didn't get home until 5. You are good.