Tuesday, November 6, 2007

do you remember the time...


TOP 20 FAVORITE MEMORIES OF MY BIG BROTHER JARED:
1. as children, riding around on our toys with buckets on our heads, and star wars action figures in our mouths.....we are retarded.

2. growing up, being known to others as simply "jared's little sister". you were really cool...so hey it worked for me! too bad you couldn't help me out in high school.

3. making fun of your ridiculously random halloween costumes you put together from a young age to the present. ever heard of just going with ONE idea?

4. as children, sneaking play time with your nintendo while you were gone, because i couldn't afford your prices to play and didn't want to "pay" for it. poor kim wasn't so smart...you really made some money off of her.

5. peaking through your cork wall at 9536 while you and your hot friends (ah! chris warren) hung out in your room.

6. kicking kim out of the room in high school while we watched movies or NBA basketball.

7. laughing at the sunburn you got in hawaii when you and mom took me to school. apparently you thought it would be a good idea to "lay out" with socks and shoes on...but no sunscreen. brilliant!

8. being so jealous that you took breakdancing lessons while I was stuck with jazz and ballet.

9. taking a personal vow to never again ride a sled after seeing you cut your head open going under a car one winter at 9536.

10. watching you and tyson woodruff compete for the "largest" graham cracker gingerbread house every christmas. oh the amount of candy and frosting that was used...disgusting.

11. getting free ice cream when you worked at dairy queen. although i remember a couple times going there and you were out.....how does dairy queen RUN OUT OF ICE CREAM?

12. stealing $1/$5 bills off your dresser when you worked as a pizza delivery driver. you never noticed....i am good.

13. waiting in anticipation for your amazing (and long) letters from your mission and sharing them with all my friends (i was the one with cool and funny brother). we loved your "you know your a mormon if" columns and your random drawings.

14. being afraid you would be weird after your mission, but then realized you were not only really funny and not shy anymore...but that you became a little ho-ish. impressive.

15. being your "movie buddy" for a few years, until you got "good" on me.....thanks. that didn't help with my abandonment issues at all.

16. tears coming down from laughter as you cried in agony after mixing taco bell and chocolate milk on a roadtrip up to sandpoint.

17. the loud "bathroom noises" that emerged when we finally reached the cabin at sandpoint. remember the rest of us trying to quietly sneak in as people are sleeping, but you destroying the bathroom and then realizing the toilet didn't flush. (oh i'm laughing even now)

18. my awesome intricately drawn cards you used to make me for my birthday. i still think an "angie basketball association" would totally work.

19. working with you for a couple months at the doctor's office after we graduated from college. you were the worst receptionist and embarrassed yourself all the time, but you got the whole office to participate in a football bowl pool, did movie trivia with me during the boring days, and made everyone laugh on a daily basis.

20. watching you, as children, take hours to complete a game. ANY KIND. boards games (oh my gosh, i still can't play risk to this day), arcade games (you could play for hours on one quarter), choose your own adventure (your kind of books required notepads and intricate note taking), invention games (i still remember the nintendo game you designed complete with graphics...how old were you?..nerd)



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED!

5 comments:

Kim said...

My eyes are watering from laughing so hard...drive to Sandpoint (and his time in the bathroom) is by far one of the best memories about Jared!!

Oh, and I'm still kind of bitter that you guys didn't want me around. I'll get over someday! :)

dirty>south said...

you forgot discovering my high school annual. oh wait...good memories.

that list is off the hee-zay. and hey kim...can you not comment on this post?

ha, still got it.

dirty>south said...

by the way. also peeing pants as I read it.

melanie said...

Can't. stop. laughing. Seriously the Sandpoint trip has got to be one of the funniest stories ever.

What a perfect list for Jared. I'm glad he peed his pants too, I was so close.

Happy Birthday Jared!

mumovearls said...

I think I'm crying cause I'm Laughing so hard -nena We love you too Jared Happy Birthday!