Friday, November 16, 2007

Motownphilly's back again...

Two of my favorite things in the whole world have collided in what I believe is a gift directly sent from heaven. Boyz II men (one the greatest r'n'b groups of all time, and my personal #1) have come out with a Motown tribute album and it is amazing. I have been listening to it for the last couple of days, and a smile permeates my face all day. Their soulful vocals combined with the hits of motown that I grew up on make this album one of my favorites and a pure classic. Their version of "Easy" "Ribbon in the sky" and "Just my imagination (running away with me)" have the simplicity of the originals with the the smooth harmonies of a typical Boyz II men slow jam. These boys have been putting out amazing songs for over a decade, and in my opinion, still got what it takes.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I need to hear this!! It sounds amazing.

Samantha said...

i saw them on regis and kelly and my very first thought was "i bet angie's recording this." I hope you did. Man, I STILL love boys to men- all their old stuff. and I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned how Kyle has been to an Nsync concert, a britney spears concert, but did I ever mention he has also been to boys to men?

Piper said...

I love that you keep us in the loop!!

melanie said...

I just told Milo about this post (he loves him a little Boyz II Men too). He knew about the cd but now he is on iTunes thinking he's one of them, ha! Too bad he isn't as good as them.

Anonymous said...

No I ain't!!!! Milo

Alissa Maxwell said...

Boys II Men will always make me think of Angie and Kim!