Monday, November 26, 2007

Your hand in mine, we walk the miles...Thanks to you it will be done

TOP 5 SIMPLE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR: (part 3 of a 3 part mini-series)

1-5. Family. Of course right? Thursday night my mom and brother Jared joined me and my friends for a night of karaoke. My top moments of the night, are good examples of why I love them: my brother Jared, with his sense of humor and entertaining personality joined me and my friend Emily for an amazing rendition of "we are the world" complete with bob dylan, bruce springsteen, cyndi lauer, michael jackson, tina turner, and al jarreau voice imitations. Then my mom, with her motown soul and rhythmic feet, stood up and danced by the table as my friend Emily sang "let's get it on". so awesome. My sister Kimmy, with her good heart and joyful diposition, called to tell me she had been listening to the Boyz II Men motown cd I had sent her (which I praised in an earlier post) all morning and she loves it as much as I do. She even sang and danced to it with Elsie, and I think Elsie may be a second-generation fan. :) When Mitch, with his chill demeanor, was here for a couple days he let me lay by him on the couch to snuggle as we watched "Gossip Girl" (my choice--not his), and then took me out to dinner. Aaron, who is fun and silly, says the most ridiculous jokes that he thinks are so funny, and although they are completely silly I laugh every time because he is so happy with himself. Lindsay, with her friendly personality and talkative spirit, is always so interested in peoples lives, and never fails to asks me about my friends and the events I go through, I love talking about random stuff with her because she is always there to listen.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Please say you got that karaoke on video! Once I saw the picture, I couldn't stop laughing to myself. I'm sure you guys had a blast!

I'm very thankful for you, too! You're fun, beautiful, creative, smart, and hilarious. The total package!

Angie said...

oh man i should have video-taped it! dang it. maybe jared can re-create it at christmas.

dirty>south said...

I think scary lady(?) got it on video (who was videotaping all of Emily's songs). I think she got SEND ME AN ANGEL too.

Riiight Nooow! AHA HA AHAHHAHA AH

El Chidote said...

You are so lucky that you are fine and yummy!