Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You were right there...And I thank you (thank you)

TOP 5 SIMPLE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR: (part 2 of a 3 part mini-series)

1.The Dentist. The joy I get the first time I rub my tongue across my freshly cleaned and buffed teeth is indescribable. I've never had a bad experience at the dentist, so to me these people- this experience- is so refreshing. Plus the constant compliments about my clean, straight, and cavity-free teeth that come my way each visit helps the ego a little bit...which is always a plus.

2. Scarves. I can't wear turtlenecks, necklaces, or collared shirts because I feel like they are slowly choking me to death, but scarves...for some reason scarves are different. Maybe it's because I own a couple really cute really soft scarves and love to show them off at winter time, but I love getting all bundled up with a scarf on when it's cold outside (like this morning)

3. Lotion. I currently have 5 different scents of lotion in my purse, along with about 15 other scents sitting on my desk in my room. I have an addiction, but I love it. I love the feel of soft skin, and I love smelling delicious. I get a high every time I walk into Bath and Body works, because I can smell all the scents that will soon be purchased and taken home. Everyday brings a new scent, or a combination of scents that I have put together special.

4. Movie Musicals. Glorious cinematography, catchy tunes, and brilliant costuming--this movie genre has so much to offer. I am excited to see the resurgence of movie musicals as blockbuster gold, and the new audience that it is reaching, but I love the fact that I have been a fan since childhood. Movies such as Annie, Little Shop of Horrors, Wizard of Oz, Newsies, West Side Story, Grease, Funny Girl, Sound of Music, and even Grease 2 gave me an appreciation for this magnificent film genre. And now with such films as Chicago, Dreamgirls, Moulin Rouge, Hairspray, Across the Universe, Rent, and coming soon Sweeney Todd...men/women/and children across the globe are realizing the beauty as well.

5. Naturally Curly Hair. If there is one thing that I can claim a slight OCD about it's my hair. My day's mood is determined by how my hair looks, and I will spend as much time as needed to make sure it looks amazing. But the awesome thing is, having naturally curly/wavy hair means that I always have a Plan B. I love the fact that no matter what, IF ALL GOES WRONG, I just scrunch, spray, and go.

6 comments:

::lindsay said...

This is why I wish I had naturally curly hair. I would love to scrunch, spray, and go. It almost always makes me tempted to get a perm and then I look at my pictures from the 80's and think "never mind."

Myca said...

I wish I had that same appreciation for my curly hair. It drives me freakin crazy sometimes. I have no control over what it does when I leave it curly and don't straighten it. When I straighten it...I know exactly what it's going to do.

mumovearls said...

I love my curly hair! It makes life easy in the morning!
I to also Love the Dentist there is nothing like having your teeth freshly cleaned!-n

Kim said...

I love movie musicals as well. They make me happy and provide such great music for me to sing in the car!!

dirty>south said...

I totally yuv yotion toooo. (from kaiya)

Krystin said...

"hey angie, glad you had a good day"