Monday, November 19, 2007

I...I live among the creatures of the night...

I have come to the conclusion that I am NOT an animal lover. In a world of political correctness, where animals are considered, by many, as equal to humans, I dare to say....no they aren't.

I am sitting at home last night watching a couple different reality shows, (america's most smartest model and the amazing race) where challenges involving animals were played, and all I kept thinking about was how smelly, disgusting, and annoying these animals were. It hit me with 100% certainity. I am not an animal lover. I have no desire to calmly caress a camel's nipple in order to extract a bowl full of milk,

nor do I have a need to play nice with a chicken

or worse yet...an ostrich.

I love Ellen Degeneres, but after hearing all the drama about the adopted dog, all I wanted to say was "it's a FREAKIN' DOG...get over it".

Through the years, our family has owned a couple dogs and some cats, and I have enjoyed (for the most part) these animals. But could I take them or leave them....yes. I don't get attached to animals. In my head they are a lesser species, one that darts stupidly in front cars, eats their own poo, and makes obnoxious noises into the night air for no apparent reason. I love zoos, because the animals are in seclusion and I don't have to interact with them. Instead I can just stare at them through a glass window like a scientist watching a lab rat. I'm not saying that animals are not amazing creatures that are wondrous to watch, but I like my animals at a distance. I don't let the dogs kiss me on the mouth or eat off my silverware, and forget about letting them on my lap if they aren't smelling good. No...animals have a long way to go before I consider them "one of my own".

8 comments:

Samantha said...

AMEN. I agree with you 100%.

dirty>south said...

petting zoos = suckiness. I hope animals never rule the world because I would be allergic to it.

melanie said...

It's a pet free zone at this house (unless you count kids).

Kim said...

I have mixed feelings on pets. I love our dog, but would I be devastated if we no longer had him? No. I'm glad Elsie will be around him so she isn't afraid of dogs. But I can honestly say, I'm really not an animal person either. They kind of gross me out!

Alissa Maxwell said...

This is hillarious. I never grew up with pets, so was surprised at how much I fell in love with our totally hyper and obnoxious dog and two most whiny cats on the planet. However, I can totally respect your points. I wouldn't wish the annoying-ness of our pets on my worst enemy!

::lindsay said...

You know I HATE animals.

Piper said...

YES!! I agree! They also lick their own butts! It's easier for me to stay away because I'm allergic to everything but rocks and fish! Fish are gross and smelly too.....

El Chidote said...

You know I think that the only reason that god made them is for man to eat them. I love me a good Animal in my scope....or human it depends on how stupid they are acting. You are right to judge those nasty little S*&t.