Monday, November 12, 2007

Do you really know what it's like to be me...

14 things you may not know about me
(takin' the "7 things" list to the next level)

1. I have weird eating rituals. I eat in sections and don't move on until that food section is completed. I tend to eat the foods that taste the worst cold first. I also eat certain foods in layers, for example, Mcdonalds hamburgers (bun, then meat, then bun) and twinkies (cake then inside filling).

2. I only sleep on one side of the bed and barely move around. In the mornings, I can usually just fold up the blankets on the one side and my bed is perfectly made. this works great for me, because I am also weird about having my sheets laying perfectly straight across my body while I sleep.

3. I stopped biting my nails as a child after reading the Berenstain bears book "The Berenstain Bears and the Bad Habit".

4. When I was a child I desperately wanted to be a solid gold dancer. In fact, one time in church they were going around the room asking what everyone wanted to be when they grew up. Most girls said mommies, I confessed my need to be a solid gold dancer...the teacher told my mom afterwards that that show was inappropriate.

5. I used to be a math nerd. In third grade I tested out of math and was sent to a 6th grade classroom to continue my math studies. I studied with that same teacher until I was in his 6th grade class, by then I was helping him teach the class math out of the book while he gave me separate projects to work on.

6. I often entertain myself by playing a game called "six degrees of separation". I try to link two different actors or actresses in the lowest amount of actors as possible (with a maximum of six). For example, you can link chevy chase to jake gyllenhaal in two actors
(chevy to martin short in three amigos-martin to dennis quaid in innerspace-dennis quaid to jake in the day after tomorrow) or katherine heigl to patrick swayze in three actors (katherine to gerard depardieu in my father the hero, gerard to andie mcdowell in green card, andie to emilio estevez in st. elmo's fire, emilio to patrick in the outsiders). this game is all done in your head, and if you can't remember the movie title or actors full name you cannot use them.

7. I hate shopping. Nothing puts me in a bad mood faster than setting foot inside a mall. So to eliminate multiple trips or too much time searching for items, I buy a shirt or pair of shoes I like in every color they have. As you can imagine, my wardrobe doesn't have much style variation.

8. The longest relationship I have had was my 3rd to 5th grade boyfriend Shawn Osborne. It started out with him breaking my ruler and having to buy me a new one...the relationship blossomed from there. We hung out all the time, bought massive presents for each other on holidays, and I even went on vacations with him and his family.

9. During college I changed my major four times. I started out as an english major, changed to home and family, then home/family with secondary teaching, then graduated in sociology.

10. I get panic attacks. Most of them are pretty mild, with just difficulty breathing and very shaky. But one time I was brought to the hospital via ambulance....that wasn't so cool. Good thing I don't stress out that much.

11. My freshman year of college I trained myself to sleep sitting up so I could take naps during class breaks without messing up my hair. I have a general rule that I don't get ready twice in one day, so this skill comes in handy. Currently, I don't sit up anymore but I do know how to nap and not mess up my hair.

12. I didn't know how to ride a bike until I was in the 5th grade and was required to learn for a bike field trip the whole class was taking. We grew up a on a ridiculously steep hill and never wanted to learn before then.

13. All throughout childhood and into my teenage years I thought "Egypt" was possibly the coolest name for a child and was convinced my first girl would have that name. (hmmm...perhaps this is why I don't have children)

14. When I was about 12 my sister Kim and I racked up a 500$ phone bill calling 976-hits (a music trivia phone line) and 976-easy (a social phone line where people talked to each other but kim I would just listen to conversations). The funny part is when my mom got the bill she first thought my brother jared was calling sex hotlines. I dominated that music trivia thing though, and to this day am still waiting for my prizes to come.

9 comments:

Peggy Dee said...

I loved your musings. I loved your Canda trip too. You are the "That Girl" of your generation. All you need is a boyfriend named Donald! (How far back does your tv trivia brain go back Ang? Is Marlo Thomas in your database?)

Kim said...

I just relived my whole childhood while reading this. I love reading all your entries because they make me smile. Only you could come up with 14 things (not just 7). That's what we all love about you!!!

ashleyboice said...

Soo funny. I remember when the whole 976-hits thing happened. I remember my dad sat us down and talked to us about calling numbers we see on TV. I remember thinking it was so serious and that you guys were so brave...and crazy.

mumovearls said...

way to take it to the Next Level 14 instead of 7 you are awesome- I loved learning more about you, and I loved the 976-hits stunt too you always crack me up- Love you angie keep the laughs coming-nena

Nina said...

great things I never new about you, but nonetheless they made me laugh. And they brought back some funny memories too.

Nina said...

whoops! should be "Great" and "knew"

dirty>south said...

shawn osborne. I went to my first WWF event with him. 2nd row right behind a group of old ladies. If only Melissa Golando and I hooked up. we could have double-dated.

1-976-HITS. Yeah, who needed to call sex hotlines when you could just watch GLOW (Gorgeous ladies of wrestling) on TV

::lindsay said...

I've had many a good time playing 6 degrees with you. Only it would take me like an hour to link 2 people together. I could literally see you thinking, "Oh my goodness. Come on already!"

Colleen said...

So many new things to learn about you! That was a good one.