Wednesday, August 1, 2007

i think i'm turning japanese.....

last night was the annual stake softball against the japanese agriculture students. soooooo funny. after the 7th inning against the singles ward, they turned on their stereo and took some time out to do a little "chicken dance". i was dying from laughter. the youth of the stake beat the jv team, and by beat i mean slaughtered. the singles ward wasn't so lucky. i left after like the 6th inning, when we were winning 16-7 because it was starting to get a little cold and i was kind of bored (with no bleachers i couldn't sit high up on my throne and mock the players like i usually do). well i am laying in bed watching "damages" (an awesome new show with glenn close on fx network), when mitch poth calls to tell me that they lost. how? you may be asking yourself. well mitch said that along with japanese gaining some momentum, we had some players on our team that just "sucked"...mitch isn't a believer in the "everyone gets a trophy" thinking....and i have to agree. at one point, apparently, uncle david (big suprise) took daniel justensen off the field because he wasn't doing good. hilarious. even in church games us earl's can't help but be competitive. i love my family. as cali said last night, each uncle is weird, but we love them.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That cracks me up about David. I was talking to a guy in our ward who is from Ephrata, and he knows some of the uncles from church basketball. He was pretty funny about it...I think he was trying not to hurt my feelings or something. They definitely are competitive, but aren't we all!

Kacey Nielsen said...

There have been several times when someone (usually a guy) has asked me which Earl is my dad. Usually I get a positive response. But when I say David and they give me a sudden grimace face with an, "oh", I usually follow with, "you must have played sports with him." Inevitably, every time I'm right. Gotta love him! :)