Thursday, August 9, 2007

c'mon baby let the good times roll


+

+


= the best childhood ever

As a child nothing excited me more than the possibility of coming over to moses lake and playing with my cousins. i loved it. Whenever we got together magic happened. we would spend hours making up skits, figuring out choreography, assigning roles in the plays, or deciding what world of make believe we would enter next. there was nothing we couldn't do. here are my

TOP 5 FAVORITE CREATIVE MOMENTS WITH MY GIRL COUSINS:

1. RUMPETTSTILSKIN "THE MUSICAL": we wrote the script, assigned the roles, and even found songs from the singing machine for each person to sing. my personal highlight of the show was ashley (as the king) singing "when i'm 64". brilliant.

2. MR. POSTMAN: extra extra read all about it.... i'm still a little bitter that collin (and what was collin doing in all girl production anyway) stole the show. my personal highlight is the fact that i made everyone try out for the lead lipsynch'er knowing full well i was the only one who knew the song and would obviously be the main role. classic angie right?

3. FIFTEEN: our take on the highly rated nickelodeon teen soap opera set in Canada during the early 90's. do we still have that on film? my personal highlight ashley's version of the character "ashley" and her eating disorder.

4. TALK SHOWS/THE NEWS: the greatest invention of our childhood had to have been the video camera. it opened up a whole new world. we could pretend we had talk shows, newscasts, tv shows...anything we wanted. who could forget the interview with the hot new dance group "stop" and there devotion to stop people from doing drugs. my personal highlight cali doing her spot on impersonation of a "weather girl" complete with posterboard drawings, and perfect hand motions. i think you had a future in that.

5. DOMINO DANCING: one of the worst dances in my life, but for some reason we thought it was so cool. jeff and becky still have it on tape, and it's painful to watch. so long. who's idea was it to do 16 counts of the "snake"? bad idea. but amazing memory. my personal highlight was our obvious and literal translation of the lyrics "watch them all fall down" into an amazing fall down move.

8 comments:

Kim said...

I am laughing so hard right now...my stomach hurts. I loved all the fun things we did. We had a blast, didn't we?! I must say that I think "Fifteen" was some of our best.

Myca said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny....when I started reading your blog I thought to myself, "I wonder if she'll put domino dancing....she has to..." Too funny I still totally remember that. Oh and there was nothing funnier than our NSYNC video....does someone still have that? That is total blackmail material....

Samantha said...

is it sad that I still know my song from "rumpettastilskin?" And I was only a market vendor! "We've got tomatoes, potatoes, lettuce and more..."

Angie said...

the nsync video....yes...jared still has that and he threatens us with it all the time.

Erin said...

Angie,
It's Erin Johnson here. I just found you and kim's blog through Colleens blog, which I found through Rachel Bailey's blog... Anyway, I love you blog!! IT is so funny. I'm going to check it daily. Glad I found you It's good to see what you're up to!
Erin

ashleyboice said...

Oh my I am so happy right now. Reading that made me feel so happy. That is why Cali and I always think Highschool musical is totally something we could have made. If only we stuck to it we could be RICH. Man we really should put something together for the family reunion.

::lindsay said...

It always sounds like you guys had the best time together. I marvel at how completely different our childhoods were, since I have zero cousins! I wish I could have been an "Earl girl!" (hee hee)

ashleyboice said...

lindsay...the funny part is I totally consider you an "earl girl". You've known most of us longer than we've known our spouses. I was thinking the other day about how I was going to make Cortney totally be on parent duty since it was "my" reunion. I specifically thought. Who will watch Jared and Lindsays kids. Does that make sense. I just totally think of you as one of us.