Thursday, August 23, 2007

It doesn't matter if it's boiled or fried...Just eat it, eat it, just eat it, eat it

it's weird how much time you have on your hands when food is no longer a central part of your life. for instance, while everyone else was enjoying themselves on scones, pizza, etc.. i got to take these lovely photos of people eating. i would like to say that it filled me with the same satisfaction that i used to get from food.....but not quite. sometimes i just down right miss food. i miss my big macs, i miss my onion rings, i miss eating tons of grandma's scones, i miss white bread. i know it was an unhealthy relationship that i had with food, and that i am healthier now than i have been in years, but sometimes i miss being able to go through a drive-thru and order whatever i wanted. don't get me wrong, i love the weight loss (although i hate shopping- so buying new clothes is not on the "pro" side of the list), but my social life...with my family and especially with my friends was so centered on eating that i feel something is missing. if we were other people we could go out for coffee or drinks after an activity to hang out and talk but we aren't, so i'm stuck looking for a "healthy" choice option on the menu at sharis'/denny's (not an easy feat). sometimes when i feel the need to treat myself and give myself a little taste of the good stuff, i channel my inner alysha and just take little bits off people's plates which works cause i get some satisfaction from the good food and i save tons of money (i think alysha was on to something there). it's been a tough road giving up the life i had before. giving up something that i enjoyed and loved, but i know it's for the best, and one day when i am as skinny as well....most of my relatives...i will be happy i did this. if only grandma's scones, breads, and pies weren't so tempting.....oh the holidays are going to be rough.

8 comments:

Krystin said...

I'm really excited for you!! keep me updated.

Kim said...

I hope you know how much I admire you and what you've done. You've shown so much will power!! I'm really proud of you. You can take bites off my plate anytime!

::lindsay said...

I agree with Kim---you look fabulous and I'm proud of you too. I love how you said you channeled your "inner Alysha." If you ever need someone to help pick out clothes, I will because I like to shop--especially if its not my money I'm spending. :)

Samantha said...

angie you are doing such a good job. i totally know what you are talking about. when i'm in vegas and trying to watch what i eat since i've had the babies, it sucks because I'm such a social eater that i feel like a fun part of me is missing or dead or something. it'll be worth it in the end. that's what everyone says right? so let's hope so. but you look so good and you're doing such a good job and you are just as fun as ever.

Myca said...

I have to say that i noticed that you were lookin mighty fine this last weekend. Hang in there....you can tell that you are really happy...and remember you are hot no matter what.

tamiearl said...

You are an inspiration! So many people who are "dieting" make themselves and others around them miserable because of the trial they are going through. You have truly been amazing in that way. You look more beautiful every day. I know, regardless of what the future brings, you will be glad you figured this issue out before you get old like me!

ashleyboice said...

I agree with your mom...whenever I am not eating carbs or something like that...I talk about it all the time and complain. I didn't hear you say one thing. It is hard. I don't know why the yummiest food is the worst for us. Someday when I get to be in charge of my own world white bread and guacamole are going to be fat free.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for you that you have the determination to do it and do it well. Do you know what I remember about you and food? McDonald's cheeseburgers (plain) eaten 1 layer at a time in the common area of the dorm. :)