Wednesday, August 29, 2007

you are the sunshine of my life...that's why i'll always stay around

As each day of my life passes me by i notice the chances of having children get smaller and smaller, but with this somewhat negative reality i can also feel a sense of calm because i have the amazing opportunity to be the "cool" aunt to some awesome nieces and nephew. i love them with all my heart and have been so blessed to spend time with them and share their lives, in whatever way i can.

i loved having CARSON come to vegas last summer and hang out with me for my birthday. we enjoyed swimming in the pool, watching animal planet, and seeing the sites of vegas. he was such a big boy, and a perfect birthday companion. i will never forget the ride home and playing the "rank the u.s. states in order of size game" for hours...he's way too smart for me...well hey carson can you name all the solo singers in the "we are the world" song? (ha. i showed him.)

KAIYA and i have bonded over lotions and lip gloss and i love it. she is so cute and very "princess-like" when she sits quietly on my lap while i rub her arms, hands, legs, and feet with yummy smelling lotion and then she chooses which lip glass she wants. I love her hugs, and her cute face nestled in my neck.


ELSIE, with her glowing eyes and big smile makes my heart skip a beat. like aaron, i will never be able to say no to her (not that i can with carson or kaiya either). elsie is such a good baby, and i love it when i can make her laugh.

these kids have taught me so much and thank them for letting me be a friend and an aunt to them.

4 comments:

Kim said...

They are all so lucky to have an aunt like you. You are so sweet to them and are always ready to have a good time. You're the best!

melanie said...

Such a sweet post Angie. You are an awesome aunt! I hate to admit it but from some of the stories I have heard I think Carson has been smarter than me since he was like..3?! Love the photos.

::lindsay said...

You are such an awesome aunt. My kids love you so much and I love the wonderful relationship you have with them.

dirty>south said...

Which one is the HOT niece?